dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Florida resident indicted by NY DA

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Phalanx wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:I'm obviously not going to watch
You lost me after this.
Pez is not representation of reality. Other than a futile few attempts to try to have a rational discussion with protestors in downtown Portland, I haven't met a person in real life with a similar amount of obstinance and outright rejection of facts and objective truths. My posts are mostly for other people to read.
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I love when the word "whataboutism" is used as a putdown word in the context of unequal administration because it actually perfectly describes the perversion of justice. For example:

Government: Person A commits said crimes. We are pressing charges.

Citizen: But what about Person B of the other party? Didn't he/she do the same thing?

Party hack: That's whataboutism!

Citizen: Exactly! What about the other guy?

Party hack: That's whataboutism!

Citizen: Exactly!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Pez is not representation of reality.
I fully agree I'm not a representation of your reality. That much is clear. :lol:

And do you not understand how "24 minutes of anti-democratic-sounding soundbites with no context" is different than an alleged orchestrated conspiracy to overthrow an election?

That's whataboutism. That's basically the most extreme version of whataboutism staring you square in the face.

Have a good weekend, kids.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
And yet it enshrines religious freedom, including the freedom to live one's life free from mythological shackles.
You are purposefully misrepresenting the spirit of the quote. Adams is saying that the system they created (by the people), is also dependent on the will of the people. Having a religious and moral foundation is fundamental in preserving the structure established during the founding. To have a government that punishes evil and rewards good - which is the ultimate objective of a government - is fully dependent on the individuals that put the people in power to accomplish such objectives. That is, they must be able to define what is good and what is evil.

You have demonstrated this earlier by saying that "morality is completely subjective" and "mythological shackles". And there you have it. Your moral foundation is subject to change based on the whims of the times. A citizenry that does not hold on to any objective truths, therefore, cannot elect representatives that punish evil and reward good, since there is not objective good or evil.

And I'm not sure what "religious freedom" has to do with John Adams' quote either. If you are implying that he is saying that the Constitution should not allow irreligious folks, then that's kooked out. Yes, it is better - and necessary - to have a moral and religious citizenry. And yes, it's better to have that moral foundation be based on a Biblical ethic. But that has nothing to do with Establishment Clause.
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
And yet it enshrines religious freedom, including the freedom to live one's life free from mythological shackles.

Also, morality is completely subjective. Like, I thought Anonymous Florida Man was incredibly immoral for trying to steal the election in Georgia. But most repubs don't seem to have a problem with that so maybe we shouldn't grandstand about morality.

I mean, what are you even talking about here? I know you're a super-passionate right-winger -- and that a growing number of folks on the right aren't exactly connoisseurs of democracy -- but damn.
Couple of points of clarification please.

You keep saying that Anonymous Florida Man tried to steal the election in Georgia. Could you please elaborate on how that was done? So far, all I have heard is that he spoke on the phone.

Would you please explain who these people are that aren't connoisseurs of democracy? Unless you are just repeating what you heard on "The View" those are pretty weighty accusations.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

A judge rules to effectively shut-down all of former president's businesses because he over-valued his properties when obtaining a loan. One of those properties was Mar-a-Lago where the judge ruled that the Property Tax Assessed Value should be used as the measure of fair value rather than a different methodology. Based off this, the judge assessed that the property was worth $18m. A quick look at zillow search shows that the surrounding properties are all valued over $200m with less optimal location, smaller acreage, and less prestigious structures.

How did we get to the point where varying jurisdictions' AG's, judges, and juries are decimating the small semblances of "rule-of-law" that we had remaining?

1. Media is utterly corrupt/controlled by many powerful people/institutions who are opposed American interests.
2. Media told us that the former president was the most heinous man on the planet from Day 1.
3. Declining lack of values/convictions in the populous. Right/wrong has become "subjective" where our values/convictions are based on societal norms rather than objective truths. Therefore, people very easily became ensnared by #2 (becoming obsessed with people/celebrities rather the values/truth, and believing what they are told rather than vetting it as true or not).
4. Combine all of those, and you get extremely corrupt/unjust AGs, judges, and juries
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

jBeavertonduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:

Also, morality is completely subjective. Like, I thought Anonymous Florida Man was incredibly immoral for trying to steal the election in Georgia. But most repubs don't seem to have a problem with that so maybe we shouldn't grandstand about morality.

I mean, what are you even talking about here? I know you're a super-passionate right-winger -- and that a growing number of folks on the right aren't exactly connoisseurs of democracy -- but damn.
Couple of points of clarification please.

You keep saying that Anonymous Florida Man tried to steal the election in Georgia. Could you please elaborate on how that was done? So far, all I have heard is that he spoke on the phone.

Would you please explain who these people are that aren't connoisseurs of democracy? Unless you are just repeating what you heard on "The View" those are pretty weighty accusations.

Don't waste your time with brainwashed vaccinated sheep.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:A judge rules to effectively shut-down all of former president's businesses because he over-valued his properties when obtaining a loan. One of those properties was Mar-a-Lago where the judge ruled that the Property Tax Assessed Value should be used as the measure of fair value rather than a different methodology. Based off this, the judge assessed that the property was worth $18m. A quick look at zillow search shows that the surrounding properties are all valued over $200m with less optimal location, smaller acreage, and less prestigious structures.

How did we get to the point where varying jurisdictions' AG's, judges, and juries are decimating the small semblances of "rule-of-law" that we had remaining?

1. Media is utterly corrupt/controlled by many powerful people/institutions who are opposed American interests.
2. Media told us that the former president was the most heinous man on the planet from Day 1.
3. Declining lack of values/convictions in the populous. Right/wrong has become "subjective" where our values/convictions are based on societal norms rather than objective truths. Therefore, people very easily became ensnared by #2 (becoming obsessed with people/celebrities rather the values/truth, and believing what they are told rather than vetting it as true or not).
4. Combine all of those, and you get extremely corrupt/unjust AGs, judges, and juries
That property assessment is absolutely immoral, regardless of political positions or you personal feelings towards an individual.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:A judge rules to effectively shut-down all of former president's businesses because he over-valued his properties when obtaining a loan. One of those properties was Mar-a-Lago where the judge ruled that the Property Tax Assessed Value should be used as the measure of fair value rather than a different methodology. Based off this, the judge assessed that the property was worth $18m. A quick look at zillow search shows that the surrounding properties are all valued over $200m with less optimal location, smaller acreage, and less prestigious structures.

That property assessment is absolutely immoral, regardless of political positions or you personal feelings towards an individual.
Maybe it's my age, but I find it astonishing that there isn't more outrage over how the Federal Government has become so blatantly corrupt. I remember talking about the Bill of Rights when I was in school and how that made this country unique. Now it's just accepted that a person's freedom of speech is conditional on political correctness. That an experimental genetic therapy is still has only emergency authorization is still being mandated (Baylor University), and the people that formerly burned their draft cards in protest of foreign wars are the leading proponent of involvement in the war in Ukraine.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

jBeavertonduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Maybe it's my age, but I find it astonishing that there isn't more outrage over how the Federal Government has become so blatantly corrupt. I remember talking about the Bill of Rights when I was in school and how that made this country unique. Now it's just accepted that a person's freedom of speech is conditional on political correctness. That an experimental genetic therapy is still has only emergency authorization is still being mandated (Baylor University), and the people that formerly burned their draft cards in protest of foreign wars are the leading proponent of involvement in the war in Ukraine.
Easy to rattle your sword when somebody else's kids have to stand under the gun!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!