Mid-season bowl projections

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Mid-season bowl projections

Post by DuckzRule »

I know that early bowl projections are a bit stupid but here are some projections that I found involving our Ducks.

Brett McMurphy: Sugar Bowl (playoff) vs. Georgia
247 Sports: Cotton Bowl vs. Texas
College Football News: Peach Bowl vs. Alabama
On3: Cotton Bowl vs. Texas
CBS: Alamo Bowl vs. West Virginia
ESPN (Bonagura): Fiesta Bowl vs. Penn State
ESPN (Schlabach): Fiesta Bowl vs. Air Force

I'll update this once USA Today uploads their projections.

BTW which one of these matchups do y'all want to become true? I would love that first matchup against Alabama or another shot at Georgia.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Mid-season bowl projections

Post by nogerO »

Peach Bowl vs Row Tied
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

A lot of chatter how great the Pac12 is this year, but still bias showing in rankings and these bowl projections.
A lot have Georgia, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan in the final 4.
Will be interesting to see how this goes if you end up with 5 unbeatens this year, 1 from each conference.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’ve been saying for years that the CFP committee should’ve added a rule that to be eligible for the playoffs teams cannot play more than one FCS and one non-P5 team each year, requiring teams to schedule real games. It’s sickening how so many big schools get rewarded for soft pathetic schedules like Michigan and every SEC team, but with how incompetent the NCAA and CFP committee is no way we could expect anything like that.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’ve been saying for years that the CFP committee should’ve added a rule that to be eligible for the playoffs teams cannot play more than one FCS and one non-P5 team each year, requiring teams to schedule real games. It’s sickening how so many big schools get rewarded for soft pathetic schedules like Michigan and every SEC team, but with how incompetent the NCAA and CFP committee is no way we could expect anything like that.
When you allow voters to decide who the best teams are instead of a pure win/loss record & playoff system, you get all the biases that go along with it.

We're getting closer on having an adequately sized playoff, but there does not seem to be much call for standardization of rules (schedules, # of ooc games, etc...), or getting voters out of the equation...

Maybe we'll get there when the new division is created out of the expanded Big 10 & SEC, and the rest of Div. 1A is sent packing...
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It's crazy comparing Oregon's remaining schedules. Oklahoma doesn't have a ranked team left on their schedule, while Oregon has 5. If OU played our schedule, they have 2-3 losses. Instead, their whole season came down to one game and now have a glide path to the playoffs.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Texas Tech needs to become our wrecking ball.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I’ve been saying for years that the CFP committee should’ve added a rule that to be eligible for the playoffs teams cannot play more than one FCS and one non-P5 team each year, requiring teams to schedule real games. It’s sickening how so many big schools get rewarded for soft pathetic schedules like Michigan and every SEC team, but with how incompetent the NCAA and CFP committee is no way we could expect anything like that.
Most eSECpn teams have 4 cupcakes or play any decent team on the schedule at home. When is the last time Row Tied left the SE to play a game?

Edit: 2011 @ Penn State. Every other away game was SEC teams where they have played many times so a comfort zone of sorts. Georgia plays only 4 away games most years.

Source:http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/byname.htm
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine