Oregon-Washington biggest game since when?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Oregon-Washington biggest game since when?

Post by Tray Dub »

I'm not great at remembering past seasons so I'm curious to hear the board's thoughts. Maybe since the Oregon-tOSU national championship in January 2015? You could argue the Herbert Rose Bowl but I dunno, this feels even more significant to me.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon-Washington biggest game since when?

Post by whosyourwally »

Last year’s UO v UW game? We were lined up for the playoffs ahead of that game.

Maybe you could argue that, because there’s no clear favorite this year (Georgia last year), and because Oregon doesn’t appear to have any fatal flaws (defense last year), that the actual stakes this year are much higher for UO. Also recognizing UW has everything in front of them this year (vs last year when they were 7-2 and ranked #25 coming into the game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Biggest Pac-12 game I can remember in a while.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I went through our records for the last ten years to jog my memory. I think you have to go back to 2014 with Oregon-Florida State and then Oregon-Ohio State in the playoffs. The other games that could hold a candle to the hype for this weekend are probably 2021 Oregon-Ohio State, 2022 Oregon-Georgia (but Georgia was a massive favorite), 2019 Oregon-Utah in the conference championship game... maybe 2018 #17 Oregon vs #7 Washington or 2015 #7 Oregon vs #5 Michigan State. But given the rivalry, the dueling undefeated records, the star quarterbacks, the marquee conference game of the year so far in an obviously special season for the Pac... I don't think we've had a game like this in nearly a decade.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think you highlighted the comparable games (though I note you left out the Rose Bowl with Herbert), and frankly, I think those games are mostly bigger. This game is certainly important, but both teams will be favored in their remaining games which means these teams may see each other again in the Pac-12 Championship Game. That game will be bigger than this one, so this is the second biggest just this season.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Should've mentioned the Rose Bowl for sure. This game doesn't feel diminished to me just because of the possibility that we might play them again later. That game would be bigger, sure, but it simply hasn't happened yet (and may never).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Brock Huard argued it’s the biggest game ever at husky stadium