Utah announces Rising, Kuithe, and Barton out for season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Re: Utah announces Rising, Kuithe, and Barton out for season

Post by DmoneyDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:Lots of casual disrespect here toward the 13th-ranked two-time Pac-12 champions. Nobody should get too comfortable.
The voice of reason.This game will be another photo finish on the road in a very hostile environment.
UofDuck
Senior

Utah announces Rising, Kuithe, and Barton out for season

Post by UofDuck »

If we lose it’ll be because Will Stein’s play calling sucks, or our team has no heart, or Lanning has lost the team, or some other over the top reaction. It couldn’t possibly be playing a physically tough team on the road in a brutal environment with 19 and 20 year olds.

It’s ALWAYS the coaches fault. Clearly they should invest more in magic Unicorn dust so every player executes every play perfectly.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Early money must be on Oregon because the spread is up to UO -6.5
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

ducks5ever wrote:We've had our fair share of issues on the road too.

I have an irrational fear of good teams using 3rd string qb's against us. Hope i can settle that next weekend.
It's not irrational. That's been happening to us for a long time. That being said, Utah is always up to the task of kicking us to the curb. Couple years back it was a brain fart by a receiver who dropped the ball before crossing the goal line to put Utah up by 2 scores which was returned for a 98 yard touchdown that totally switched the momentum and we escaped. Very luck. Anyone saying this "should be a fairly easy win" hasn't been paying attention. Utah just beat U$C in Lost angels with a bunch of backups. Nail biter for sure...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I have an irrational fear of good teams using 3rd string qb's against us. Hope i can settle that next weekend.
Also worth noting that Barnes is no longer a third-stringer. He's been playing (and winning) all year, and his performance against USC could be a breakout game. I'm not sure Wittingham would bench him at this point even if Rising could come back. Why mess with something that isn't broken?

Speaking of Rising... if he does return for a seventh season -- and if Wittingham would rather stick Barnes -- I know of a team that could really use a transfer QB.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Oregon State beat Utah by running the ball on them and playing sound defense. Oregon's gameplan shouldn't look terribly different, with close to a 60/40 tilt on running the ball (OSU ran on 58% of plays).

Defensively, the Ducks cause more havoc but are a bit less sound than the Beavs. While the Ducks should be able to turn Bryson Barnes over, they have just a few forced fumbles and INTs on the season.

If Oregon loses, it's because they couldn't stuff the run and let some trick plays get out of hand, and on offense they just don't find their rhythm in a hostile environment. They play their game, and they walk away with a W.

27-13 Ducks.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

When we win by double digits, I’m sure the same people will be scarred of ASU at ASU. This UU team isn’t even as good as last years team that we beat with a gimpy Nix. Unlike SC we can match them in the trenches and we won’t abandon the running game.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

squintsdd wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
73duck wrote:Have not seen the line for next week's game yet, but if UO is favored that means they will likely be favored in every game through Vegas if they keep winning and stay healthy. No other pac 12 team can say that.
I think Washington might be able to say that.

I still can't find a line for UO-Utah yet, but for whatever reason there is one for UO-USC on FanDuel: Oregon -8.5.
I thought I saw Oregon at -5.5 somewhere

Edit:
Now it's Oregon -3.5
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-fo ... n-vs-utah/
Opened 5.5, now 6.5
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

buckmarkduck wrote:When we win by double digits, I’m sure the same people will be scarred of ASU at ASU. This UU team isn’t even as good as last years team that we beat with a gimpy Nix. Unlike SC we can match them in the trenches and we won’t abandon the running game.
And we have a competent defensive coordinator
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

buckmarkduck wrote:When we win by double digits, I’m sure the same people will be scarred of ASU at ASU. This UU team isn’t even as good as last years team that we beat with a gimpy Nix. Unlike SC we can match them in the trenches and we won’t abandon the running game.
;)
In fairness, this to me is the best game the ducks have played all season (and it includes home games).

Probably the best game Bo played so far as well. It wasn't just checkdowns and tosses to wideopen receivers

only nitpick is that there was frequently someone leaking out of the backfield (in a wheel route-like play) who was always wide open. Barnes didn't do much to capitalize on it though