Is Will Stein a good OC?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Is Will Stein a good OC?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Overall today was a better game from Stein, I think he is legit smart and has a high ceiling as a playcaller I think he’s just too timid and gets in his own head sometimes. I can’t lie though, there was a 3rd 2 late in the 2nd quarter where Bo was pretending to call an audible and there was a direct snap to Bucky that resulted in the WSU defense being caught off guard and it was a good gain, when that played happened I yelled at my TV “where the heck was that last week?!”

I do believe Stein will improve and will be a really good OC for us.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

OregonFan4Life wrote: it was a good gain, when that played happened I yelled at my TV “where the heck was that last week?!”
Ducks gained 540 yards this week. They gained 516 last week.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote: it was a good gain, when that played happened I yelled at my TV “where the heck was that last week?!”
Ducks gained 540 yards this week. They gained 516 last week.
Lol serious? All those yards don’t matter if you don’t make the plays when it matters most. We needed to convert a 3rd and 2 and didn’t, mostly due to the playcalling being timid and predicted by the Washington defense. I even praised Stein in that post and that’s the only thing you pick out. I bet Stein himself immediately regretted that playcall after it happened.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

To the headline question, we know he's not bad. If he was bad, the Ducks would have taken an obvious step backward, and they haven't.

How good is he? This year won't tell us. You have literally the most veteran QB in the history of college football, so the job isn't especially challenging.

Last year he was at UTSA. If he parted ways, where does he end up? UTSA? Absolutely not. A major program likely picks him up. Arkansas and Alabama to start.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It’s funny ready duck message boards. Is Stein bad? What’s his deal, he sucks. And then can we stop Utah offense with Ludwig as OC. Ludwig is honestly the worst OC we had at UO the last 40 years, yet people think he can beat us.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

To me that was the best called game from Stein this season, I thought the playcalling was great! That was easily the best defense Oregon has faced all season and if they wanted to they could’ve put up at least two more touchdowns. Great game from Stein!
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote:To me that was the best called game from Stein this season, I thought the playcalling was great! That was easily the best defense Oregon has faced all season and if they wanted to they could’ve put up at least two more touchdowns. Great game from Stein!
Nah, stick to your guns man. FIRE STEIN!!!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Will the Thrill