Nobody survives

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Nobody survives

Post by nogerO »

Undefeated in the Pac-12 this year. Any team apparently can rise up and beat any other team in this league. On a side note(s) Neutered Lame is over-rated :o , Cristalballs still isn’t a head coach, Colorado put a new meaning on “grill” :lol: and will finish 6-6, and Craig Bohl and Wyoming are a very well coached tough team. Ask Texass.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Re: Nobody survives

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:Undefeated in the Pac-12 this year. Any team apparently can rise up and beat any other team in this league. On a side note(s) Neutered Lame is over-rated :o , Cristalballs still isn’t a head coach, Colorado put a new meaning on “grill” :lol: and will finish 6-6, and Craig Bohl and Wyoming are a very well coached tough team. Ask Texass.
If we get through October unscathed we'll go 12-0.

Bo's Heisman campaign is about to begin in earnest these next 3 games.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If anybody can go undefeated in the PAC for the final season it’s Oregon, they are the most complete team with a solid defense and I still think the offense hasn’t fully clicked yet. Not saying Oregon WILL and that Washington won’t, just that I personally think Oregon has the best chance.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:If anybody can go undefeated in the PAC for the final season it’s Oregon, they are the most complete team with a solid defense and I still think the offense hasn’t fully clicked yet. Not saying Oregon WILL and that Washington won’t, just that I personally think Oregon has the best chance.
I saw one blurb in a power rankings espn article that I thought summed each team up well.

Oregon: Ruthless (and balanced) Offensive Efficiency
UW: Ruthless (and unbalanced) Offensive Efficiency

Bo and the Run Game have to make the difference for our Offense, not just the passing game.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

USC definitely does not look like as difficult a game as we would have thought earlier in the year, especially at home. If Cam Rising doesn't come back strong for Utah I feel ok about that game. For me the season comes down to @Washington and if you win there not missing a step against WSU. OSU at the end of the year could also cause problems.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

frogsnouts wrote:USC definitely does not look like as difficult a game as we would have thought earlier in the year, especially at home. If Cam Rising doesn't come back strong for Utah I feel ok about that game. For me the season comes down to @Washington and if you win there not missing a step against WSU. OSU at the end of the year could also cause problems.
It's not the end of the world for either team if they lose this coming weekend *as long as* they win out the rest of the regular season (certainly not a given).
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Whichever P12 team is able to win on the road will win the conference. Everyone looks like champs at home, but so far a few look downright mediocre on the road (OSU, Utah, Wazzu). And while SC looks beatable, they still have (by far) the best player in college football. Caleb Williams is a magician out there. I do think UO/UW game is between the top 2 teams in the conference ... really wish this one were at Autzen.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I agree with the premise. There is no team that looks immortal, and too many teams who are dangerous, for anyone to go undefeated. Classic Pac-12.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:I agree with the premise. There is no team that looks immortal, and too many teams who are dangerous, for anyone to go undefeated. Classic Pac-12.
And a perfect example of why the 9 conference games each year should have been changed to 8 years ago. If only they wouldn't have hired a real football commissioner would have helped a lot too. Those two things IMHO, would have probably saved the PAC.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I'll say that if Oregon defense can holdup against the Huskies in the road, let's say give up 28 or less and win the game then I will vote Oregon as the most well-rounded team in the country.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

The math says no. Let's say Oregon has a 50% chance to beat UW, and a 70% chance to win each of the last 6. The probability of going 12-0 and winning in Las Vegas (which probably gets you in the CFP) is 4%. But losing next week and then running the table through Las Vegas is a more manageable 8%.

I think I posted something similar in 2010.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

After this weekend it’s pretty obvious that outside of Furd and maybe Kal, there are no gummies on the road for anybody. I think Udub showed last night, that even at home those teams are dangerous. I think an 8-1 team might win the pac. Which team? Right now throw a blanket over Wash, Oregon St, Utah and us and whoever can win out from here wins it. It could be several teams with 2 losses. Tie-breaker might decide pac-12 championship game teams. Washington will fall to at least one of U$C, Utah, Oregon St or WSU. Utah has us, ASU and @ Udub. OSU has to go to Arizona, Colorado and us and has Udub at home. Going to be a tussle.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

The more intriguing question is whether Oregon controls its destiny for the CFP. There could be three undefeated power five champs (Big10, SEC, ACC), and all three of them likely get in ahead of a one-loss Oregon. If Texas wins out, they will have a not-bad loss and a pretty good road OOC win (Alabama) that Oregon can't match. Oregon would have a better loss, and probably a better SOS. I don't think Oklahoma jumps Oregon if they win out. My guess is that if Texas, FSU, and Oregon win out, a one-loss Oregon might get in, but the final four could be an SEC champ (even with one loss, ie Alabama beats Georgia), unbeaten Big 10 champ, Texas, and FSU.

In other words, if Oregon wins out, we might still need Texas or FSU to lose a game down the stretch.