SHEDEUR SANDERS

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

SHEDEUR SANDERS

Post by rsbgduck »

Watching him play against UCLA I actually felt sorry for the guy. This poor kid playing his heart out every play knowing he has an oline that couldn’t stop a middle school Dline. I’m no fan of the trash talking and social media stuff. However I absolutely respect his athletic ability and heart. I wasn’t a “Primetime” fan either for basically the same reasons but if his game was televised I was watching regardless of what team he was playing for. Why….because he was the best to ever play the position, the fact that if someone threw in his direction or punted the ball to him there was a good possibility that it was going the other way for 6, that you could place him in any era of football and would be the best athlete on the field. I may not like the personality but I respect the player.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: SHEDEUR SANDERS

Post by gogreen55 »

Plot Twist: He transfers to Oregon for his physical well-being.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

gogreen55 wrote:Plot Twist: He transfers to Oregon for his physical well-being.
Absolutely, in a heartbeat.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

ouch. not sure how he's still standing.

"Over the course of 60 minutes at the Rose Bowl, Shedeur had been sacked seven times, hit 17 other times and knocked down 13 times, and he was pressured in the backfield on countless more occasions."

"What wasn't clear at first was later revealed by Deion: The hits Shedeur has been absorbing in recent weeks and on Saturday led to him receiving an injection at halftime to "block some of the pain," according to Deion, who said he would give Shedeur the next few days off."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... on-vs-ucla
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

There may come a time where Deion may just need to sit Shedeur to protect him from his own OL.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:There may come a time where Deion may just need to sit Shedeur to protect him from his own OL.
Yeah, getting started on Toradol is not a good path
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:There may come a time where Deion may just need to sit Shedeur to protect him from his own OL.

They don’t even sit him when it’s clear they are going to lose. It’s nuts. It’s like Deon only cares about his sons stats.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

The protection about to get a lot worse. How do you play for your coach for 4 more games when he just says that he's gonna replace you in public like that. Ouch.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Prime is a big mouthed egomaniac.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

nogerO wrote:Prime is a big mouthed egomaniac.

He is that. I wonder what the team,besides his kids, is thinking after his replacement statements? I would be pissed.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

rockthief wrote:
nogerO wrote:Prime is a big mouthed egomaniac.

He is that. I wonder what the team,besides his kids, is thinking after his replacement statements? I would be pissed.

I wonder what his assistant coaches, at least the ones respected and wanted by other programs, think? If I’m Charles Kelly, I’m out of there this off season. Go coach with a professional HC. Not a guy who thinks everything is about him.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The protection about to get a lot worse. How do you play for your coach for 4 more games when he just says that he's gonna replace you in public like that. Ouch.
Also, good luck with recruiting when you show zero loyalty and an unwillingness to coach guys up... which, one would think, would be a big part of the job.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Deion is going to have a tough time getting OL prospects when he can't even remember the names of the ones on his own team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXi6r-osZPE
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Also, good luck with recruiting when you show zero loyalty and an unwillingness to coach guys up... which, one would think, would be a big part of the job.
On 247 Sports they are currently ranked 66th ironically one behind Colorado state. I don't think kids are buying into Deion staying for the long haul. Once his kids are gone, if they last their entire College tenure there, he has no incentive to stay.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

mrpd21 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
On 247 Sports they are currently ranked 66th ironically one behind Colorado state. I don't think kids are buying into Deion staying for the long haul. Once his kids are gone, if they last their entire College tenure there, he has no incentive to stay.
Prime bailing when his kids are done is my best guess too. Whether that is to some dream job in Florida or just hanging up the the gold plated whistle remains to be seen.

I'm not sold that he is a good coach at all, just that he can draw an undue amount of attention to a program. It will be interesting to see how the program implodes and fallout.