Texas A&M Fires Jimbo Fisher

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Texas A&M Fires Jimbo Fisher

Post by SuperDuck »

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-jimbo- ... 41670.html

According to the article above, it says;

"The Aggies are expected to focus their coaching search on some of the highest-paid sitting Power Five coaches in the country, many of them with buyouts of their own. A contract for a new head coach could cost in excess of $80 million. Combined with assistant buyouts and new staff hires, the price tag for the move could exceed $150 million."

I seriously doubt they would come after Dan Lanning given that he's less than 2 years into his tenure at Oregon.

I also can't imagine the staffs of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State or Michigan being at risk.

I'm sure Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops names will come up, but neither will be interested.

A couple names that might be interesting to keep an eye on are James Franklin at Penn State and Dabo Swinney at Clemson. Both are excellent coaches, though Franklin has struggled against ranked opponents. Swinney might be open to a change after a couple down years at Clemson.

Lane Kiffin might be another name to look out for. He appears to have grown up a bit after years of immaturity.

Another interesting name might be UWs Kalen DeBoer. He's losing a LOT of talent after this season and has a low ranked recruiting class so far. He's a proven winner and could step into a lot of talent at A&M, as well as a highly ranked recruiting class.

I seriously doubt that Mike Norvell at Florida State would be interested either.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Edit: Lance Leipold at Kansas might be another interesting name.
Last edited by SuperDuck on Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:36
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Re: Texas A&M Fires Jimbo Fisher

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Jimbo Fisher's buyout is $76.8M. Wow.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Re: Texas A&M Fires Jimbo Fisher

Post by TheDrake »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Jimbo Fisher's buyout is $76.8M. Wow.

PUKE
Disgusting