USC @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 11, Sat 7:30 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Re: USC @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 11, Sat 7:30 PM Fox)

Post by mrpd21 »

If Bo improves his reads and vision he'd be quite the QB. Still unsure how he translates to the NFL, not fully convinced yet that he's going to be good. Seems more like a serviceable backup but I'd love to be wrong.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote: To be clear, this is not a hate on Bo reply but... it's not even close to compare the two of them and there is an extreme amount of ignorance when it comes to our offensive system, what it does for the QB and how that translates to the NFL, to say nothing of the advantage of our Run game and the sheer lack of pressure he's faced the last 2 years because of the OL/System. He's got a really high completion percentage throwing short routes and that's not a selling point for NFL scouts at all. Its also what will lead to the same issues with Penix as each of them will have to make major adjustments to their games (as old QBs) but Penix has far better arm strength and touch.

Our biggest frustrations on offense the last 2 years are primarily a result of Nix's inability to cycle through his reads and focus on his first 1-2 while not letting his routes develop and abandoning a clean pocket. He makes better reads at UW on so many of those crucial downs and we win.

Frankly I think teams are going to scout Nix and see Drew Lock but being a backup caliber QB is still a pretty kush job and one that he can be a high-level backup at. If he can develop into a starting level QB in the NFL, that would be a fantastic but I don't see that projection.
I'm not saying Bo will be better than Caleb in the NFL, I'm just saying he was SIGNIFICANTLY better than Caleb last night. What they do in the NFL is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. If we are talking about which one put more chips into the Heisman bag, it was Bo by a mile.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

nogerO wrote:
Caleb Williams is that good. Bo is great and we all love him but to me there was a clear talent advantage for USC at the QB position, and that’s not meant to criticize Bo who had a great game but praise Caleb Williams. He is so annoying for opposing fans, his ability to sense pressure and throw on the run is incredible. He will have a great career in the NFL.

I don't know what game you watched buddy, but Bo Nix will be a really good QB in the pro's. He is great at everything about the position. Williams is a warrior, no doubt, but to say he was clearly more talented that Bo makes me think that drunk posting isn't a good thing.

Another thing. The phrase played with their hair on fire is used a lot but this defense brings that every single play. It's a shame that a lot of people surrounding Bo had sub par games, especially the vaunted O line.

Go DUCKS!!!
Hear Hear... AND +1 for using the word "VAUNTED" appropriately.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think Bo will have a long NFL career, but I’m not sure if it will be as a starter or a Clemens type career. I don’t believe he will be hetrer in the nfl than Peniix. One read QBs with a history of injuries, rarely last long in the nfl
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Cinematic recap is up now.