Uh oh Mario

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Uh oh Mario

Post by nogerO »

6-5. Prime Time is watching closely.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Greenblood
Senior

Re: Uh oh Mario

Post by Greenblood »

Regardless of whether U wins at BC next week, I have to think Mario gets at least one more season to really get things turned around. I just think they have too much invested in him and his good recruiting classes would have a chance to really start showing themselves.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Greenblood wrote:Regardless of whether U wins at BC next week, I have to think Mario gets at least one more season to really get things turned around. I just think they have too much invested in him and his good recruiting classes would have a chance to really start showing themselves.
Exactly. Shadeur will be gone to the NFL after next year. Y’all see the plan? Chrystal balls ain’t in it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Regardless of whether U wins at BC next week, I have to think Mario gets at least one more season to really get things turned around. I just think they have too much invested in him and his good recruiting classes would have a chance to really start showing themselves.
Exactly. Shadeur will be gone to the NFL after next year. Y’all see the plan? Chrystal balls ain’t in it.

MC isn’t it, but Prime isn’t even what I’d call a good HS coach. The only reason you hire him. Is to get a bunch of eyes on your program. Ultimately he won’t win crap.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote: MC isn’t it, but Prime isn’t even what I’d call a good HS coach. The only reason you hire him. Is to get a bunch of eyes on your program. Ultimately he won’t win crap.
He'd be a solid Private School HC who could use his recruiting advantages because that's all he has.

The fact that Shedeur is actually a talented QB and Deion doesn't know how to run a scheme to take advantage of a garbage OL says a lot. Mike Leach would have had that CU team at 9-3/10-2 on the talent of the QB alone. Then again, Leach would have instilled the ability to throw short, quick routes as a means of opening up deep throws as opposed to holding onto the ball waiting for routes to develop. That CU OL can block for 2.4 seconds if Shedeur gets rid of it.

It's not complicated to run a basic offensive system but between Mario and Deion, each has gotten to where they are because of their Ego so its not unexpected that they can't let go of them to see what anyone else can.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Since Deion has entered the chat here, I actually would say that if Stein did move on, Lewis (the demoted Colorado OC) seems like a solid hire. He did some impressive stuff early in the season.