Camden Lewis Recent Struggles

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Camden Lewis Recent Struggles

Post by SuperDuck »

Another question moving forward is FG kicking. Camden Lewis was reliable earlier in the season, but I believe he's slipped to 3 of his last 8 attempts since the UW game.

He's a decent kicker. I think he's just lost some confidence after that because he missed that 45 yard attempt when the game was on the line.

We really need to get the old Camden back or our FG kicking could become a liability. We may see Lanning going for it again on 4th and goal when it makes sense to just kick the FG.

Thoughts?
John 3:36
nogerO
Senior

Re: Camden Lewis Recent Struggles

Post by nogerO »

SuperDuck wrote:Another question moving forward is FG kicking. Camden Lewis was reliable earlier in the season, but I believe he's slipped to 3 of his last 8 attempts since the UW game.

He's a decent kicker. I think he's just lost some confidence after that because he missed that 45 yard attempt when the game was on the line.

We really need to get the old Camden back or our FG kicking could become a liability. We may see Lanning going for it again on 4th and goal when it makes sense to just kick the FG.

Thoughts?
We do have another kicker on the roster, No?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

nogerO wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:Another question moving forward is FG kicking. Camden Lewis was reliable earlier in the season, but I believe he's slipped to 3 of his last 8 attempts since the UW game.

Thoughts?
We do have another kicker on the roster, No?
I think so, but if he was kicking better he'd likely have gotten a try or two by now.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

SuperDuck wrote:We may see Lanning going for it again on 4th and goal when it makes sense to just kick the FG.
I think they are still fairly confident with Camden on short yardage field goals (35 yards and in), so I don't think his struggles would have much of an impact on 4th and goal decisions. For example, I don't think their philosophy is suddenly going to be going for it on 4th and goal from the 8 yard line. It will likely have an impact on mid to long range field goals though. For example, if it is 4th and 5 from the 25 yard line, I think they will be inclined to just go for it.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:We may see Lanning going for it again on 4th and goal when it makes sense to just kick the FG.
I think they are still fairly confident with Camden on short yardage field goals (35 yards and in), so I don't think his struggles would have much of an impact on 4th and goal decisions. For example, I don't think their philosophy is suddenly going to be going for it on 4th and goal from the 8 yard line. It will likely have an impact on mid to long range field goals though. For example, if it is 4th and 5 from the 25 yard line, I think they will be inclined to just go for it.
That makes sense.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

In the 10 years Will Lewis, we have never found a better kicker? That needs to be fixed.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I would like to think that we can recruit a 5* kicker to go with our 5* team? Seems we've struck out on a couple of kickers in the past that didn't work out?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:I would like to think that we can recruit a 5* kicker to go with our 5* team? Seems we've struck out on a couple of kickers in the past that didn't work out?
Pretty sure none of the services actually rank kickers and that Chris Sailer is the only one who does and HIS rankings go up to 6*

He lists Hurych as a 5* btw (also missed a chip shot wide left vs Central Catholic last week)

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/play ... ?year=2024
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Speaking of kickers, both the packers and lions kicker have missed an extra point today. I hate relying on a kicker
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Lewis's fg struggles persist, he looks shaky now. Those 34 yarder used to be automatic for him...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw wrote:Lewis's fg struggles persist, he looks shaky now. Those 34 yarder used to be automatic for him...
It's all mental for him right now. Just hope he can snap out it soon.