Five Star Recruit

Re: Apple Cup - 2023

Post by 5$ »

I don't care who wins. Go Ducks.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I've watched a bit, and both teams look awful, I won't be surprised if Oregon murders UW in Las Vegas.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

poodles are definitely the most insecure fan base in the Pac 12 and will remain so in the B1G
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

5$ wrote:I don't care who wins. Go Ducks.
If you want Oregon to make the playoffs you should care. Washington needs to win.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

squintsdd wrote:
If you want Oregon to make the playoffs you should care. Washington needs to win.
This^^^

They're tied at 14-14 at halftime.
John 3:36
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Being how much i despise the huskies, I strangely started to cheer for those aholes when i tuned in the fourth quarter. I had to quickly turn off the game. It was a disgusting feeling. I do hope they win the game, while sustaining a tired and beat up unit.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Hell of a 4th down call by DeBoer but that sure looked like an anxiety attack for Penix during the FG and after.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Hell of a 4th down call by DeBoer but that sure looked like an anxiety attack for Penix during the FG and after.
I agree. During the kick, the announcer was saying he looked emotional on the sideline. Looked to me like he was puking his guts out in the trash.

Penix is really, really bad when pressured. He's dynamite when he's not at risk of being touched, but with the pressure on he's a different guy. I often wonder if UW's problem since beating us earlier in the year is that maybe they simply lack championship DNA. They've managed to keep winning, but they've "played down to opponents" so many times that I don't think they're actually playing down. I just don't think that group has the on-field leadership to be frontrunners.

I love that Oregon has been able to play with a chip on its shoulder all year. Love that we'll go into Vegas as the underdog looking for revenge, even if we're favored by more than a TD. Also love that UW will be feeling all the pressure to remain unbeaten and show that their earlier win wasn't a fluke.

I just feel like we're going to blow their doors off on Friday.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UW has been doing just enough to beat teams since Oregon. If Oregon can get a couple turnovers/stops early and capitalize on them, they should beat the Huskies.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

SuperDuck wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
This^^^

They're tied at 14-14 at halftime.
What I care and reality are never the same. I understand the benefits of Oregon beating a undefeated huskie team vs a 1-loss... But I still don't care. Ultimately it is better for Oregon to beat a higher-ranked team, still I would have been fine if the huskie lost.

In the end, we have "The Opportunity" if we close the deal. ABC - Always Be Closing