Cal wins @ UCLA 33-7

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Cal wins @ UCLA 33-7

Post by Greenblood »

I figured that after the Bruins beat USC, Chip's job was probably safe for another year. But that was assuming they'd beat Cal. Not sure what to think now. And I figured Wilcox's job could be in jeopardy after losing tonight and finishing 5-7 and no bowl game. But maybe he saved his job tonight.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Cal wins @ UCLA 33-7

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Chip will be back next year, UCLA really wasn’t playing for anything while Cal was playing for a bowl game, should’ve thought about that more before I picked UCLA.

I watched this entire game, not an easy game to watch but since it was the last Pac-12 regular season game I felt compelled to watch it.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Chip will be back next year, UCLA really wasn’t playing for anything while Cal was playing for a bowl game, should’ve thought about that more before I picked UCLA.

I watched this entire game, not an easy game to watch but since it was the last Pac-12 regular season game I felt compelled to watch it.
I also felt compelled to watch it for the same reason. I concur, good points. Cal had motivation, Chip Kelly acted like he was entertaining the A&M job prospect :lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I watched it until I fell asleep. Chip is an Oregon great, but his teams have zero energy and no juice to them. Attendance is down like 15 k a game at the rose bowl. I don’t see how they keep him. If Moore leaves, they have no redeeming qualities going into next year.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Can't wait for Cal to win the ACC next year when their big NIL donor will be Brad's Chevy in Junction City, lol
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

The UCLA fan base is done with Chip and the AD. The big influential donors want Chip gone. They may pressure the AD to fire him and the AD may have to in order to save his job.

Not sure how Chip survives this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

lmduck wrote:The UCLA fan base is done with Chip and the AD. The big influential donors want Chip gone. They may pressure the AD to fire him and the AD may have to in order to save his job.

Not sure how Chip survives this one.

I think he may be gone, too, though I have no credible sources.

I can think of one guy who'd probably do VERY well at UCLA.

David Shaw, former Stanford coach.

He'd have all the academic standards lowered from what he had to deal with before and would give USC, (Oregon) and others competition for the top rated talent there.

Pure speculation, but I think it would be a great hire, if they could get Shaw to take the job.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If you ever listen to George Wrightster podcast, he has said lots of time the UcLA fans don’t like Chip. His father in law is a big ucla guy, and the donors want him out.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Chip can't recruit. When that's your issue, you don't fix it by hiring David Shaw.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Duck07 wrote:Can't wait for Cal to win the ACC next year when their big NIL donor will be Brad's Chevy in Junction City, lol
Brad's Chevy is in Cottage Grove
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Chip can't recruit. When that's your issue, you don't fix it by hiring David Shaw.
Based on the conventional wisdom when Shaw walked away, everyone said he was done for good. You never say never but that was what the Bay Area pundits all said.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

5$ wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Can't wait for Cal to win the ACC next year when their big NIL donor will be Brad's Chevy in Junction City, lol
Brad's Chevy is in Cottage Grove
Uhh, point still stands, :lol: