2023 Season Awards

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

2023 Season Awards

Post by StevensTechU »

Keeping tabs on national awards, this season could be Oregon's most decorated ever.

Troy Franklin is a semi-finalist for the Biletnikoff award, though I would not expect him to be a finalist. The field is loaded, and I expect the final 4 to be Malik Washington (Virginia, nation's leader in catches), Malik Nabers (LSU, leader in yards), Marvin Harrison Jr. (tOSU, biggest name and son of murderer), and Rome Odunze (uw, token west coast inclusion).

Bo Nix is going to be a finalist for both the Heisman, Davey O'Brien, and Johnny Unitas awards. Fingers crossed he gets some hardware.

Ridiculously, Bucky Irving is not a semi-finalist for the Doak Walker award. That said, he will be getting all-conference honors when announced.

The Oregon offensive line is a semi-finalist for the Joe Moore award for best offensive line. With the regular season over, they've finished the season with the fewest sacks allowed, fewest pressures allowed, and among the leaders in highest rushing average in the country.

Will be interesting to see all-conference and all-America honors, as well.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: 2023 Season Awards

Post by Tray Dub »

The Bucky one pisses me off. The Oregon o-line deserves some accolades.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The offense will make it tough for any RB to put up absurd numbers because its so balanced but 1st team is a given next to Martinez who just got shut down.

LMJ had 294 carries on his way to 24 total TDs when he won the Doak. He was actually a more efficient runner with more yards the following year with slightly fewer TDs.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Will Stein has been named a semi-finalist for the Broyles award, going to the top assistant in college football.

Frankly, I don't even know if he's the top coordinator on this staff with how the defense has performed.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Dorlus?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Do these awards take championship week into consideration? Franklin is going to end up 2nd in yards and 1st in TD's in the country if he has any kind of game on Friday. Not sure how you leave him out of the top 4.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »