My take (and the .2 cents it’s worth)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

My take (and the .2 cents it’s worth)

Post by duckfan96 »

The Pac12 title game was a good college football game. Lead changes, hard fought battle. Now as a Duck fan it wasn’t the outcome I wanted. Doesn’t take away from a good game. Whether plays,refs or coaching UW won. Congrats to them(I fn hate uw). Lewis made all his kicks..good for him. One thing that had me scratching my head(and still does) is this Bucky wasn’t his usual self and James was looking very good. I woulda let Bucky sit and went with James. May have resulted in a different outcome.

Now Ducks, go kick Liberty’s ass and end the season by winning a very good bowl game against a ranked opponent.
Duck07
All-American

Re: My take (and the .2 cents it’s worth)

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:The Pac12 title game was a good college football game. Lead changes, hard fought battle. Now as a Duck fan it wasn’t the outcome I wanted. Doesn’t take away from a good game. Whether plays,refs or coaching UW won. Congrats to them(I fn hate uw). Lewis made all his kicks..good for him. One thing that had me scratching my head(and still does) is this Bucky wasn’t his usual self and James was looking very good. I woulda let Bucky sit and went with James. May have resulted in a different outcome.

Now Ducks, go kick Liberty’s ass and end the season by winning a very good bowl game against a ranked opponent.
Honestly we ran either at the wrong time or we ran into dumb fronts. The first RZ trip where we got to 2nd and goal and went hurry-up it was so obvious we were running a Dive and lo and behold, uw bit hard on the dive while the outside was wide open.

The play-calling with Jordan was also different as on his TD run inside, off the top of my head we ran Counter action which gave him the crease from pulling Jones instead of going straight ahead at them.
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

Bucky was missing running lanes and was doing too much dancing. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was hurt the last few weeks. I was saying to those I was watching the game that James was running better and with more aggression.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Yeah, Bucky seemed off to me too.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:The Pac12 title game was a good college football game. Lead changes, hard fought battle. Now as a Duck fan it wasn’t the outcome I wanted. Doesn’t take away from a good game. Whether plays,refs or coaching UW won. Congrats to them(I fn hate uw). Lewis made all his kicks..good for him. One thing that had me scratching my head(and still does) is this Bucky wasn’t his usual self and James was looking very good. I woulda let Bucky sit and went with James. May have resulted in a different outcome.

Honestly we ran either at the wrong time or we ran into dumb fronts. The first RZ trip where we got to 2nd and goal and went hurry-up it was so obvious we were running a Dive and lo and behold, uw bit hard on the dive while the outside was wide open.

The play-calling with Jordan was also different as on his TD run inside, off the top of my head we ran Counter action which gave him the crease from pulling Jones instead of going straight ahead at them.
Question for you since you know the game well, from my perspective it seemed like Oregon St and Washington LB’s immediately ran to the edge (wasn’t sure if it technically was spilling or not) when Bucky was running the ball, was that the case? I thought it seemed like Bucky tended to bounce outside all season long and I wonder if Oregon St and Washington were anticipating that from Bucky, just felt like when Bucky tried cutting outside there was at least one LB waiting for him.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Bucky missed some holes he usually hits. Not sure what was up, but he just picked wrong more than usual. Could maybe see if he wasn’t 100% that might have made him more hesitant than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UofDuck wrote:Yeah, Bucky seemed off to me too.

He hasn’t been as good since the WSU game, and that ugly injury. He toughed it out, but I wish they would have given James 10 more carries instead in the pac 12 title game.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

The thing that doesn't sit well with me still is how much we got out physicalled. As Tyrell Crosby said, the Defensive front was playing selfish trying to make plays with high pad level and it was giving cutbacks.

Outside of that, agree. UW was good and the past 2 years they've been able to take advantage of the fact that our safeties range from mediocre to god awful(Williams) in coverage.

There's still a ton to be positive about and if we lost the way we lost previously, I'd be OK, but getting out physicalled when we had dominated them in the trenches in the first game really pissed me off.