Bucky Irving declares for NFL Draft

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Bucky Irving declares for NFL Draft

Post by greenyellow »

RB Bucky Irving will be entering the NFL Draft. No real surprise with how short careers for RBs are.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Bucky Irving declares for NFL Draft

Post by woundedknees »

As Bob Hope would say, "Thanks for the memories!"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Ouch, players dropping fast and furious now. Liberty might actually give us a run for our money.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:Ouch, players dropping fast and furious now. Liberty might actually give us a run for our money.
While James will start in the bowl game, we know what he can do. I will enjoy watching the 2 freshmen getting some carries behind the first team line.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:RB Bucky Irving will be entering the NFL Draft. No real surprise with how short careers for RBs are.

Kind of a disappointment but it is the world of the new college ball, I hope the best but my own opinion is it will be a struggle, …. Big money making the special teams
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I think Bucky can make a go of it at the next level. Dude has incredible balance and good hands.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UofDuck wrote:I think Bucky can make a go of it at the next level. Dude has incredible balance and good hands.
I dunno with Bucky. Compared to NFL backs dude is tiny. Wish him the best of luck though.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UofDuck wrote:I think Bucky can make a go of it at the next level. Dude has incredible balance and good hands.
I agree, except for his bad habit to cutback and lose yardage rather than take what the OLine has given him. I really thought Bucky could use another year in college. But best of luck to him! Hope he has a great NFL career.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

QuackininBama wrote:
I dunno with Bucky. Compared to NFL backs dude is tiny. Wish him the best of luck though.
Darren Sproles made a nice NFL career for himself. Similar size.

I'm not sure if he was as shifty as Bucky is.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It seemed to me that he had pretty inconsistent hands. Wish I had numbers to support, so just anecdotal. He definitely will have to follow his blockers more at the next level. The skill is absolutely there.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Irving was like a car with a lot of miles. Three years as the feature back for Minnesota and Oregon were starting to tell down the stretch this year. It made sense for a bruiser like Rolls Royce Freeman to come back for an extra year, but not Irving. Lots of talent in the RB room; looking forward to watching Liberty defenders try to bring down Dowdell.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:It seemed to me that he had pretty inconsistent hands. Wish I had numbers to support, so just anecdotal. He definitely will have to follow his blockers more at the next level. The skill is absolutely there.
His massive drop was on our first or second drive in the Georgia drive that killed a really nice drive. After that I saw a lot of improvement. Coaches even commented on him becoming a dependable receiver.

It did seem his willingness to follow blocking regressed over the last 2 or three games. Otherwise, I see him as a very talented RB that might end up having a decent NFL back. He has some nice intangibles.