Mookie Cook injured

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Mookie Cook injured

Post by Everythingsducky »

Awful news. Any reason why the delayed surgery? Was it worse than originally determined?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

From what I gather from the program:

He originally tweaked the ankle at an All-Star game. Thought it was minor but it wasn't healing. Made the decision for surgery about a week ago.

My own thoughts: May be February before he's really up to speed now. Hope it means he stays 2 years at Oregon, selfishly.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Who is the strength trainer for the basketball team anyways? Every year our top guys are hurt.
Radcliffe oversees the entire department, not sure if basketball has its own separate trainer though like Football does.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Should be interesting to see how much he plays after being out for so long.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I'd be surprised if he played more than 15-16 min.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Who is the strength trainer for the basketball team anyways? Every year our top guys are hurt.
Radcliffe oversees the entire department, not sure if basketball has its own separate trainer though like Football does.
Men's Basketball Head Athletic Trainer: "Clay Jamieson started at Oregon in 1998 and is currently responsible for managing the healthcare of student athletes on the men’s basketball and men's and women's golf teams." No Strength and Conditioning coach is listed in the coaching roster for the men's team. So I too am curious who the strength trainer is.

Women's basketball lists separate Athletic Trainer and Strength Coaches. The WBB Athletic Trainer also services the Volleyball teams
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Clay Jamieson is the athletic trainer, which means the sports medicine guy. Oregon MBB's strength and conditioning coach is Cliff Spiller, who came to Oregon from the Utah Jazz in 2022.