MBB: UCLA @ Oregon (Dec. 30, Sat 1 PM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: UCLA @ Oregon (Dec. 30, Sat 1 PM CBS)

Post by greenyellow »

DEC. 30 (THU) 1 PM
UCLA
EUGENE, OR
TV: CBS
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: MBB: UCLA @ Oregon (Dec. 30, Sat 1 PM CBS)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Great half. Lets cut the electricity and call the game.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

This has been the first game I was able to watch. We definitely miss Dante and Bittle but found the next superstar. You would think UCLA is #1 in the country with these announcers.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Good win!! We’d be 0-2 right now in PAC-12 play without Shelstad.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Good win!! We’d be 0-2 right now in PAC-12 play without Shelstad.
Hah, well that would mean the top 3 players on the team would be out, so that would be understandable for any team. This is a fun team to watch, and they can be really dangerous once the bigs are back. This game was only close due to their lack of size. If either Dante or Bittle plays, it’s a double digit win.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Ok, I enjoyed that. I might need to raise my expectations on the team so I can be properly in agony when it's close in the last minute. At this point I am just relieved that the 2 youngsters are keeping us competitive when there are injuries to both bigs and it isn't late January when Altman teams start playing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Getting to 2-0 in league play is big for Oregon while being short-handed. This team has the potential to be a top 3-4 team in the Pac-12 once they get Cook, Bittle, and Dante back. They're going to need to at least split the Washington/WSU road trip and beat Cal the next weekend because the Mountain road trip is going to be really tough.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Some news with regards to Bittle's injury.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I was able to attend my first basketball game, this was a good one! Shelstad is a special player, though part of it is that it may be fun to finally watch a PG with fire and energy after years of Will Richardson. I hope Shelstad is here longer than this year cause if so he’ll do great things.

One thing I was pleasantly surprised by was Altman! Holy smokes was he fired up! I haven’t seen Altman like this in years! I feel like Altman found his passion again and it’s not surprising it’s with this really well roster! I wonder if the misses at the guard position really took the energy out of him. Having to coach guards like timid Will Richardson and crazy Jacob Young seems deflating. Glad to see that level of energy and passion from Altman, it really impacted how the players played.

The team still has some chemistry to build, I definitely felt like there was too much standing around on offense. On multiple occasions a back door cut would’ve created an easy bucket but the wing would just stand in the corner. I’m sure that will come with time. If we just get Dante back that alone will GREATLY improve this team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »