Nate Bittle injury update

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Nate Bittle injury update

Post by greenyellow »

After tonight's game against Kent State, Altman provided a not so good update on Nate Bittle as it looks like he could miss the rest of the season due to the nature of his wrist injury.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Nate Bittle injury update

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yikes...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Based on the timeline and need for surgery, he definitely fractured one of the carpal bones (likely the scaphoid or lunate) in his wrist. Those are among the longest recovery time injuries because of the limited blood flow to those bones.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

FWIW, The way Crepea worded it wasn't how Altman said it in the presser. It was more who will you expect back in the near future. Were discussing Mookie and Dante coming back fairly soon and then dismissing that Nate would be back near that timeline.

Very well it could be a season long thing, just that I'm not sure where Crepea got that phrasing from unless he talked to him more after the presser.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well I'd for one like to see us up the recruitment of Austin Maurer down in Medford as he's essentially another Bittle clone as a 7 footer who can shoot from 3. His Dad Marty is a beaver and he's committed to Grand Canyon so it may not happen but I wish we'd try.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Duck07 wrote:Well I'd for one like to see us up the recruitment of Austin Maurer down in Medford as he's essentially another Bittle clone as a 7 footer who can shoot from 3. His Dad Marty is a beaver and he's committed to Grand Canyon so it may not happen but I wish we'd try.
Agreed. Would have liked to have seen us get the guy from Tualatin too. Can never have enough big men, especially ones from the state of Oregon.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Well I'd for one like to see us up the recruitment of Austin Maurer down in Medford as he's essentially another Bittle clone as a 7 footer who can shoot from 3. His Dad Marty is a beaver and he's committed to Grand Canyon so it may not happen but I wish we'd try.

Yeah, but his grandfather is a Duck and played on multiple SB teams with the Steelers. Marty once washed his SB ring in the clothes washer as a kid lol. I know they tried hard to get another from the ducks, but that offer never game and he went to OSU instead.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

In Crepea's article on Mookie Cook sparking the Ducks in their win at UW, there was this:

"That won't stop those outside the program from projecting what Oregon . . . could begin to look like with Cook improving, N'Faly Dante expected back as soon as next weekend and Nate Bittle possibly returning as well."

That sounded more optimistic regarding Bittle's possible return this season than I had been hearing, though I don't know what Crepea was basing that clause on.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Greenblood wrote:That sounded more optimistic regarding Bittle's possible return this season than I had been hearing, though I don't know what Crepea was basing that clause on.
He is basing it on comments made by Altman...
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Had no idea. Thanks!