CB Coach Demetrice Martin leaving for Michigan State

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: CB Coach Demetrice Martin leaving for Michigan State

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:Given that it's all changes internally, that makes me feel better about the succession plan not affecting the current roster and recruits. That said, Coach Meat has a hell of a track record. Great pick up for MSU, and we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that we don't see a dropoff at UofO.
Kirby Smart is the Top Dog in the College Coaching world but as Stewart Mandel asked recently, who is #2? As it relates to us, just how far from #2 is Dan Lanning?

Saban's retirement and the fallout of the Tide players leaving could see our recruiting only continue to rise and right in time for the new EA sports, lol.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Given that it's all changes internally, that makes me feel better about the succession plan not affecting the current roster and recruits. That said, Coach Meat has a hell of a track record. Great pick up for MSU, and we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that we don't see a dropoff at UofO.
Kirby Smart is the Top Dog in the College Coaching world but as Stewart Mandel asked recently, who is #2? As it relates to us, just how far from #2 is Dan Lanning?

Saban's retirement and the fallout of the Tide players leaving could see our recruiting only continue to rise and right in time for the new EA sports, lol.
Harbaugh is the clear #2. IMHO Lanning is in Tier 2 with coaches like Sarkisian, DeBoer, Riley, Whittingham, Day, etc. The exciting thing about Lanning is he has the potential to be Tier 1.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Harbaugh is the clear #2. IMHO Lanning is in Tier 2 with coaches like Sarkisian, DeBoer, Riley, Whittingham, Day, etc. The exciting thing about Lanning is he has the potential to be Tier 1.
Riley?????

Everyone else in that Tier 2 list is spot on but I'd move Riley down a notch.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

lmduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Riley?????

Everyone else in that Tier 2 list is spot on but I'd move Riley down a notch.
Fair enough. He was probably the lowest on that list. He can recruit and he did get 3 teams to the playoff, but hasn't looked good against stronger Pac12 competition.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Based on his history, I never figured he would be around very long. Guy jumps from job to job. What’s funny is the mutts just hired a HC who also does the same thing.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Harbaugh is the clear #2. IMHO Lanning is in Tier 2 with coaches like Sarkisian, DeBoer, Riley, Whittingham, Day, etc. The exciting thing about Lanning is he has the potential to be Tier 1.
I think its pretty much a given that Harbaugh is gone for the NFL otherwise yes.