MBB: Oregon @ Colorado (Jan. 18)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

MBB: Oregon @ Colorado (Jan. 18)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ducks looking awful and are down 34-43 at halftime. Colorado guards are playing with way more energy and intensity and the Oregon guards are not showing the same fight. Altman has to be extremely pissed with the effort so far, it has simply not been good enough. I imagine Rigsby and Cousinard in particular are going to get an earful at halftime, their effort, particularly on defense, has been really bad.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Colorado

Post by Everythingsducky »

Cook evidently isn’t able to contribute at all so far. Not in shape, isn’t getting the message, still injured…whatever. Ain’t happening anytime soon.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Ducks looking awful and are down 34-43 at halftime. Colorado guards are playing with way more energy and intensity and the Oregon guards are not showing the same fight. Altman has to be extremely pissed with the effort so far, it has simply not been good enough. I imagine Rigsby and Cousinard in particular are going to get an earful at halftime, their effort, particularly on defense, has been really bad.
Completely disagree. Duck guards are carrying the team all night. Getting nothing from the bigs.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon loses 70-86.

It’s really showing that Oregon was 5-0 simply due to playing bottom dwelling teams in the conference. This team has issues. The defense is atrocious and there’s way too much 1v1 play on offense. Shelstad needs to rotate the ball quicker, Rigsby and Oquendo are too sloppy, Cousinard’s effort is lackluster, Evans looks lost half of the time, Dante is way too slow to react on both sides of the court, and Diawara is purely a depth player. I really don’t understand Altman’s rotations and why we aren’t seeing Cook, especially against a team like Colorado with lengthy guards.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Oregon loses 70-86.

It’s really showing that Oregon was 5-0 simply due to playing bottom dwelling teams in the conference. This team has issues. The defense is atrocious and there’s way too much 1v1 play on offense. Shelstad needs to rotate the ball quicker, Rigsby and Oquendo are too sloppy, Cousinard’s effort is lackluster, Evans looks lost half of the time, Dante is way too slow to react on both sides of the court, and Diawara is purely a depth player. I really don’t understand Altman’s rotations and why we aren’t seeing Cook, especially against a team like Colorado with lengthy guards.
I’m happy you get something to be angry about again. Congrats.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I fully expected us to lose this game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I fully expected us to lose this game.
I think Altman probably expected us to lose this game based on the last 10 years.
UofDuck
Senior

Oregon @ Colorado

Post by UofDuck »

Dante is very behind. Needs to get his mojo and lungs back. Shelstad was cold.

Bad games happen. I’m not going to overreact to this one.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Multiple players fresh off injury protocols probably didn't help.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Re: MBB: Oregon @ Colorado (Jan. 18)

Post by greenyellow »

It's just Oregon in Boulder so I had a feeling they'd lose. I'm betting Altman will be glad he never has to play in Boulder again. As for Dante and Cook, both are still so far behind after missing so much time. They're not going to look anywhere close to where they should for another few weeks.