MBB: Cal @ Oregon (Jan. 13, Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Re: MBB: Cal @ Oregon (Jan. 13, Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by OG Duck »

At this point I don't see why Evans would transfer out. He's getting plenty of opportunity and next season would be primed to be a focal point of the offense. Mooke on the other hand, we'll see how his role plays out but I would hope that he sees the opportunity he'll have next season with Couisnard and Oquendo graduating.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Given the 18 point deficit the Ducks had to overcome, I'll take the win, by any margin. That said, I suspect that the Bears are a significantly better team than their record indicates.

I too noted Evans not playing "all of the sudden." Altman certainly seems to have a habit of settling on a primary rotation of about eight guys, so it will be interesting to see how things develop as guys continue to get healthy and in game shape. But given how well Evans has played this season, I have a hard time imagining his not continuing to play a significant role.

The road trip of horrors for Altman now happens, to the mountain schools. A split will be totally acceptable to me. While it's true that Altman has had pretty good success vs. the Runnin' Utes, I can't help but notice how the Utes just destroyed UCLA by 46 in SLC, a team we struggled to beat at MKA.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Evans not playing was product of his poor performance in the specific game IMO.

He'll get less minutes with Bittle/Dante back, but will be a critical part of the rotation, he's too good not to be.

Mookie...probably won't play too much this year save for spot minutes for defense..but if Jackson sticks around another year, I expect Mookie will too.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »