greenyellow

Re: Projected roster for next years mens team

Post by greenyellow »

Jadrian Tracey wants to return next season:
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Is Tracey coming back good news? The guy has been terrible in every game I watched. His awful defense was even noticed by one of the announcers last week.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm Is Tracey coming back good news? The guy has been terrible in every game I watched. His awful defense was even noticed by one of the announcers last week.
Even though he has a handful of defensive lapses per game, he's a willing rebounder and hustler, which are very underrated and needed traits for a guy who was supposed to be a bench guy.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

greenyellow wrote:
Phalanx wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm Is Tracey coming back good news? The guy has been terrible in every game I watched. His awful defense was even noticed by one of the announcers last week.
Even though he has a handful of defensive lapses per game, he's a willing rebounder and hustler, which are very underrated and needed traits for a guy who was supposed to be a bench guy.
He’s a big athletic guard and players tend to take big strides in year two of Altman’s system. Hoping one of he, Rigsby, or Shelstat can find a consistent 3pot shot. They all had their moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Based on O-live today, Evans and Oquendo are the ? on whether they'll return next year. I'd really be disappointed if Evans were to go Portal, as I think he could be terrific next year. Altman has been pretty clear that he only wants people who want to be here.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Shelstad confirming what most expected:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Concerned that Evans didn't know if he would be back at Oregon next year.. Considering he had a big role on the team this year and likely will be a starter and top player next year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

UOducksTK1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:25 am Concerned that Evans didn't know if he would be back at Oregon next year.. Considering he had a big role on the team this year and likely will be a starter and top player next year.
Wondering if he's considering entering the draft? Why would he transfer?
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

Clifford Omoruyi does have some Oregon ties, his first mentor when he came to America, was Muhammad Oliver. Former dB and decathalete, from the early 90's. I don't think this helps us much but a fun fact.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Keeshawn Barthelemy will be returning next season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nice, having backup PG against Creighton probably was the difference between a win and a loss.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just heard on a Twitter Spaces from Crepea that Oregon is expecting a transfer from an under-the-radar, mid-major guy within the next couple days. He didn't give a lot of specifics though. Also said that there may be word on a couple guys staying/leaving the program, which I assume would be Oquendo and Evans. He was saying that Altman and the staff are not worried about HS recruiting (save for the must-have top-100 level guys and in-staters) with how almost every team who advanced in the Tournament has multiple transfers in their starting lineups. They're going heavily after Renaud, Angel, and Stojakovic from Stanford but not Rice and a couple others from WSU.

As for coaches, it sounds like Stubbs is unofficially officially back on staff and the newest assistant hire this past season, Louis Rowe, could be gone or reassigned within the staff since his contract ended at midnight.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

It's quite ridiculous that every single player has to come out with a statement that they are "coming back" regardless of their status as a star or bench player.

Loyalty/commitment has gone out the window. Imagine a player on your team considering transferring to another..... wouldn't you feel weird having that player as your teammate the next year knowing he was considering ditching the team via transfer just months before?? Now every single player is doing that.

Considering entering the NBA draft is one thing, but annoucning you are "coming back" instead of transferring to another team is laughable.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Really? Tracey seemed to be the only guy that was consistent each and every game. Perfect role player.