DB Daylen Austin arrested for hit and run

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

DB Daylen Austin arrested for hit and run

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like FR DB Daylen Austin has been arrested for a hit and run accident. Depending on how serious it is, Oregon may have a opened up a roster spot. Sucks because of the potential he's shown so far in his limited game time and in spring practices this year.
greenyellow

Re: DB Daylen Austin arrested for hit and run

Post by greenyellow »

Some more information and it sounds like this is a lot more serious than last year's incident with Holden.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Not sounding great. Reading other forums, sounds like someone was killed. The word is that Austin was attacked by someone with a hammer, got into his car, and then apparently hit the guy. Whether that was intentional or not is anyone’s guess at this point. Obviously, leaving the scene of the crime doesn’t help matters.

Sounds like there were potentially a lot of witnesses, so this may take a while to play out. I definitely don’t expect to see him playing anytime soon, if at all.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Makes you wonder how he got into a situation like that where he was getting hit by a hammer and had to drive off like that.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Crazy… I don’t know if I’ve personally heard of a hit and run situation where the driver wasn’t guilty. But this story has some weird twists to it so we gotta wait for all info to come out.

These college kids also do a great job of putting themselves in terrible situations…

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's now a fatal hit and run he's being investigated for. Not looking good for him now. Only way out would be if he didn't know he hit the person and it was done in self-defense while escaping an attack.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This will be a long investigation and not everything is how it seems.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Not sure what to make of this. Might as well just declare him on RS and let this play out. It could take a long time to get settled.

If this turns out not in the kid's favor, he may not see a field anywhere ever.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

From the local news, it sounds like a 46-year old man was found in the street with a large neck laceration and a hammer nearby.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:29 am Makes you wonder how he got into a situation like that where he was getting hit by a hammer and had to drive off like that.
Not really hard to figure out how you get in a situation like that. I live in the Seattle area and drive to Seattle daily, sometimes as early as 3am. I’ve had homeless people fall off the sidewalk right in front of me, homeless people laying in the road in the intersection in the middle of night, homeless guy jumped in front of me. If I hadn’t been paying attention, I could have easily hit one of those people.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's been released now.