Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Ryan Leaf Pleads Guilty to 8 Counts

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Ouch ~

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5026946

Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf has agreed to plead guilty in his Texas drug and burglary case in exchange for 10 years of probation, attorneys in the case said Thursday.

Leaf's attorney, Bill Kelly, said his client has agreed to plead guilty to seven counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance. Leaf would be on probation for 10 years and a burglary charge would be dropped.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Ryan Leaf Pleads Guilty to 8 Counts

Post by duckgrad99 »

He should be in jail. Ridiculous how athletes always seem to end up with a lesser charge.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:He should be in jail. Ridiculous how athletes always seem to end up with a lesser charge.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Am I the only one who feels bad for the guy? The guy had immense pressure put on him by OTHER people & obviously couldn't handle it. But I probably wouldn't have either.

You talk about how easily athletes get off. What about how quickly athletes get blamed & thrown under the bus by fans simply because they are talented &, because of that talent, rich. Is it because we percieve them to be more fortunate than we are & wonder how they could throw it all away? Fame & $ rarely = fortune. Usually they just bring more problems & difficulties to your life.

The blame definitley lies on his shoulders, he's the one who committed the crimes but don't be so quick to judge. Do you know how you would have handled his situation? Do you know exactly what difficulties he had to face? No & I think if you did, you would have a much different opinion.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Am I the only one who feels bad for the guy? The guy had immense pressure put on him by OTHER people & obviously couldn't handle it. But I probably wouldn't have either.

You talk about how easily athletes get off. What about how quickly athletes get blamed & thrown under the bus by fans simply because they are talented &, because of that talent, rich. Is it because we percieve them to be more fortunate than we are & wonder how they could throw it all away? Fame & $ rarely = fortune. Usually they just bring more problems & difficulties to your life.

The blame definitley lies on his shoulders, he's the one who committed the crimes but don't be so quick to judge. Do you know how you would have handled his situation? Do you know exactly what difficulties he had to face? No & I think if you did, you would have a much different opinion.

The guy has had several chances to get his life together. Ever since his anger management issues with the Chargers, he has been a mess. Everyone faces difficulties in life, but nobody is to blame for these things except Leaf himself. I'm all about second chances, but Leaf is beyond that.
shear_j
Four Star Recruit

Post by shear_j »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Am I the only one who feels bad for the guy? The guy had immense pressure put on him by OTHER people & obviously couldn't handle it. But I probably wouldn't have either.

+1

We can sit here and crucify people all day, whether it be athletes like tiger or politicians or celebrities all day and say how terrible they are but its rare that we put ourselves in their shoes. Yes Ryan Leaf has no-one to blame but himself but I cant with any conscience say that I would have done any different. I would like to think I could but cant with any honesty say that I could.

I'm not condoning what he did but can see how he could've wound up the way he did. Its unfortunate really, he was one of the great QB's in pac-10 history.