Missouri and Nebraska

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Missouri and Nebraska

Post by maxduck »

have received offers to join the Big 10 according to this report.

http://www.810whb.com/article/3530
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Missouri and Nebraska

Post by gofightingducks »

Along with Notre Dame and Rutgers.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Looks like we could have some big changes in many conferences.. I'll be so glad once Notre Dame get's in their own DAME conference, so they don't get an automatic bid to a BCS game for being mediocre.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Looks like we could have some big changes in many conferences.. I'll be so glad once Notre Dame get's in their own DAME conference, so they don't get an automatic bid to a BCS game for being mediocre.
It's about time they found a conference. I don't know why the other conferences didn't tell ND sooner to find a conference or lose their BCS exception.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I seriously doubt that ND breaks down and joins a conference now. Why would they give up the sweet deal that they have going? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by joining a conference. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have it happen. I am sick of the special treatment that the domers get, I just don't see it happening.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Post by PDXShogun »

karlhungis wrote:I seriously doubt that ND breaks down and joins a conference now. Why would they give up the sweet deal that they have going? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by joining a conference. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have it happen. I am sick of the special treatment that the domers get, I just don't see it happening.
Financially, this isn't exactly true anymore. Since the Big10 started their TV network it's member universities are getting more money than Notre Dame is getting from it's NBC deal. This is only likely to increase with expansion.

The big advantage is that they get to keep all the money from a BCS apperance, but the problem is that they have to make a BCS game first, something they haven't done lately. It might be more beneficial to get a smaller cut of a sure thing. Also, this could kill the big east which all of their teams except for football, compete in. They have a lot to consider.