uodux1212
Senior

Re: Moevao, Olander & Kristick stole a golf cart

Post by uodux1212 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
stewbertwilloughby wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2010/0 ... t_nob.html

Bob Rickert at the O has our back....
I'm surprised he wrote that. He even called out Canzano, a co-worker.
Rickert actually gets it... Has the clown really not said anything about the OSU problems lately?
Crickets...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
stewbertwilloughby wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2010/0 ... t_nob.html

Bob Rickert at the O has our back....
I'm surprised he wrote that. He even called out Canzano, a co-worker.
Rickert actually gets it... Has the clown really not said anything about the OSU problems lately?
Crickets...

Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

ducksrock wrote:
Elduderino wrote:Just to clarify. I don't think that the OS players/ex-players in question shouldn't be punished. I just don't think that a felony is appropriate to the situation.

I also think that the lack of publicity on the recent string of Beaver transgressions reaks of hypocrisy. I just think that some are to eager to pile on the accused because they were/are Beavs, and not take into account the true severity of the incident; the exact same thing I said about Beaver fans not 6 months ago.
No doubt in my mind that the initial felony charges were directly related to the dollar amount involved in the theft.

One can justify their opinions in any manner that they wish...But, yeah, the Beavers shouldnt go unchastized when one of their own becomes involved in such circumstances....The ole saying of what's good for the goose is good for the gander....(or what's good for the Duck is good for the Beaver) seems appropriate....

Think of the situation what you wish...But, personally, I am not concerned about hurting anyone's self esteem....lol....Once a rodent, always a rodent....And that, in and of itself is enough to be ashamed of...These charges are nothing more than frosting on the cake...

:D lol Fair enough!
AKA: CAgrown
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I'm going against my own code here but...which is worse?
http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2010/0 ... _play.html
GO DUCKS!
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

Who's making the golf cart graphics? I had tons of crap posted on my locker when we were in the news...now I need a couple pictures to give a little back. Anyone make or know where someone has posted a OSU arrest graphic? thanx all
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Ah, youthful pranks and hijinks... Totally harmless, and since there was no intent to cause harm, they should slide with a slap on the wrist.

Case 1:

A bunch of kids started throwing rocks at a neighbor's home. (Just for the fun of it, right?) Not like it's going to hurt anything... Oh, and they just happened to knock out a few double pane windows, but it was an accident, so no harm, right?

Case 2:

An 8 year old kid was sitting in a swing, in his own yard. A passing bullet hit the chain approximately 6" from the child's head, cutting it in two, and dropping the little boy o his butt, unharmed. (The teen who fired the shot was seen, and caught entering the back door of his home, about 15 minutes later.

His explanation? I was just trying to scare the kid... "It's not like he was hurt or anything, cause I'm too good of a shot to hit him!"

4 years later, the same young man shot a log truck driver in the head, while trying to knock the mirror off the moving vehicle.

Case 3:

A group of HS boys sneaked onto the property of an 80 year old man, and while checking out his storage building, found the keys to the Nissan pickup parked there.

They decided to take it for a spin.

The truck was found abandoned in a farmer's field, and lying on it's side, about 15 miles away, after it had hit a tree, a couple fence posts, and blown the tires.

When questioned, the boys said thay had meant to have it back before anybody noticed, but the accident prevented the intended return.

No harm, no foul, right?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Perception is everything... Im listening to Canzano's radio show, he was asking if the recent transgressions of the osu players was equal to the stuff the Duck players went through earlier in the year...

Some old guy just called up and said....

Old Guy: "no way! Joyriding a golf cart doesn't compare to stealing and sexual assault"
JC: "What? What sexual assault?"
Old Guy: "LaMichael sexually assaulted his girl friend"
JC: "no no no, he was arrested for pushing her down...."

But this guy on the phone thought LMJ was arrested/convicted of sexual assault! You could tell he wasnt putting anyone on...

Unbelievable....

05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

Did I ever tell you I hate beaver fans?
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

uodux1212 wrote:Perception is everything... Im listening to Canzano's radio show, he was asking if the recent transgressions of the osu players was equal to the stuff the Duck players went through earlier in the year...

Some old guy just called up and said....

Old Guy: "no way! Joyriding a golf cart doesn't compare to stealing and sexual assault"
JC: "What? What sexual assault?"
Old Guy: "LaMichael sexually assaulted his girl friend"
JC: "no no no, he was arrested for pushing her down...."

But this guy on the phone thought LMJ was arrested/convicted of sexual assault! You could tell he wasnt putting anyone on...

Unbelievable....
Typical. Comparing the incidents with Oregon's incidents completely avoids the point. The acts aren't excusable on the basis that they are or aren't as bad as the cross-town rival.

If anything should be compared it's not the crimes themselves but how they are covered by the media. In the Ducks case, the quantity of incidents was treated as a story in and of itself. Now that the quantity of incidents at OSU is pretty close to the same, you would think the same "lack of control", "win at all costs" and "recruiting bad apples" arguments would be put forth again.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Olander got 65 hours of community service. They all plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Ju ... AAcGQ.cspx
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I love the hypocrisy from Oregon St. fans.

This is Olander's fourth run-in with the law. According to ESPN, he was convicted of criminal mischief in 2006, second-degree theft in 2009, unauthorized use of a vehicle in 2010, AND cited for marijuana possession in 2008.
Seems like he is more of a trouble maker than any of our players.