USC may be losing another

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Re: USC may be losing another

Post by UofDuck »

JTinKC wrote:
2010: Shoemate, one of USC's most versatile players because of his running and receiving abilities, will contend for key playing time at fullback as a junior in 2010.

The kid is a solid at the 2 deep in his position. Not 8 deep. Nice try.
The guy at best is competing for second spot and from going through their forums he is most likely the 3rd string just as the depth chart indicates along with 4 other FBs. Comparing the guy with the best hands on the team and most likely the starting TE (which plays a big role at Oregon) with a 3rd string FB in my opinion is smoking something. The article at the top was mainly about their 8 deep WR who I was making a refernce to. The only depth issue I can see at this point was the back up DT they lost. I mean really let's go through Oregon's website and see the wonderful things they have to say about players. I highly doubt the USC website is going to say he's mediocre and will maybe get a few minutes of playing time each game.
What I highly doubt is their fans (on blogs) actually admitting that he was a solid player and it will hurt he left. Seriously, the kid was in line to be a starter his senior year and would get solid playing time this year and there are some "real" SC fans claiming that losing him will hurt the program. Kid is legit. No way was a 4th stringer. That is just total USC homerism not willing to admit they lost someone decent.