Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fpsduck
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Post by fpsduck »

gofightingducks wrote:
fpsduck wrote:Oregon opened @ -12

Spread is down to Oregon -9.5 to -10

Haha Oregon was 10 point favorites over Utah also, we all saw how that turn out..... :?
If Colorado does the same to us we may be headed for an 0-9 conference record.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Helf might be a good coach... might....but he is tooooo nice... there are glaring issues and he has not dealt with the issues and I highly doubt he will. It will probably end up costing Helfrich because he will refuse to do what needs to be done. He needs to man up and get rid of Pellum and take a serious look at some other coaches. I doubt he has the balls to do it though.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

These next three weeks will determine our season. We have Colorado, Washington State, and Washington - arguably the three worst teams in the PAC-12. If we struggle or don't reclaim our identity by Week 7, we may not even make a bowl.

Someone on the defense needs to step up as a playmaker and we must get pressure against these offensive lines.

On offense, we need to pick up the tempo. I can't remember an Oregon team moving so slow on offense. And for the love of Puddles, CREATIVITY ON OFFENSE! No more runs up the middle every single down. We may not have the best quarterbacks, but we have playmakers galore on offense. It's up to the coaches to find ways to get the ball in their hands.
Jaw327
One Star Recruit

Post by Jaw327 »

If the thought that Colorado could ever beat us crossed my mind before the season started I would have slapped myself silly.
But honestly I don't know man, I really don't know. I had a bad feeling about Utah but man I never thought it would be like that.
But after that disaster on Saturday I can't see how they don't thrash our defense.
Spruce is a stud and so is their QB (or at least our D will make him look like one)

I see no way our Defense can get it fixed by Saturday, there are too many issues, starting at the top that leads to our D having no idea what they are doing most plays.

Sitting in the stands on Saturday (which was also the first time my girlfriend had seen a game at Autzen) went from frustrating to maddening to just freaking comical.

Yikes, can't believe I'm worried about Colorado
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Jaw327 wrote:If the thought that Colorado could ever beat us crossed my mind before the season started I would have slapped myself silly.
But honestly I don't know man, I really don't know. I had a bad feeling about Utah but man I never thought it would be like that.
But after that disaster on Saturday I can't see how they don't thrash our defense.
Spruce is a stud and so is their QB (or at least our D will make him look like one)

I see no way our Defense can get it fixed by Saturday, there are too many issues, starting at the top that leads to our D having no idea what they are doing most plays.

Sitting in the stands on Saturday (which was also the first time my girlfriend had seen a game at Autzen) went from frustrating to maddening to just freaking comical.

Yikes, can't believe I'm worried about Colorado
Yeah the Liufau to Spruce might become an reoccurring theme on Saturday.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Considering our secondary struggled in a base coverage scheme as simple as "rush three, drop eight," then yeah, we really shouldn't sleep on any team with a good QB/receiver combo.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
way2krdn8d
Three Star Recruit

Post by way2krdn8d »

anyone else making the trip out to CU for the game? My brother will be in Colorado for business so I'm gonna head down.. never been, but hoping for a good time.. oh and not to be punk'd again.
Spokaneduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Spokaneduck »

way2krdn8d wrote:anyone else making the trip out to CU for the game? My brother will be in Colorado for business so I'm gonna head down.. never been, but hoping for a good time.. oh and not to be punk'd again.
I'm leaving tomorrow for the game. I grew up in Denver and like to see family and friends while catching a game. When CU joined the PAC-12 a few years ago I told my wife I was going to go to every away game in Boulder. I had a great time 2 years ago and am looking forward to this trip. Have fun and hopefully we see a solid performance from our Ducks.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Apparently VA has sickle cell so if he plays, the altitude could/would cause health issues.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Maybe it will be good for the Ducks to be playing on the road again. They probably played their best game to date this season in their lone road game.

But honestly, I'm with Fan4Life in that almost no outcome would surprise me. And in a funny way, with expectations now lowered, that actually makes me feel more at ease as the game approaches.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Weather forecast for Boulder is calling for showers and potential thunderstorms. Could make for an interesting evening. May be a good time for the Ducks to get the running game going, especially with Oregon's QB struggles.

Also, Oregon (as well as Oregon State) will be wearing special decals to honor the victims of the UCC shooting.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Official NWS forecast right now only calling for a "24%" chance of rain at Folsom Field at kickoff time (8 p.m. Rocky Mountain Time), so I hope that proves more correct. Not sure any particular weather conditions will favor one team over another, though.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Kind of a weird week. First time a long long time we are 4 weeks into the season and out of the national championship picture. Hard to get pumped up for a game like this. If we win, well, we were supposed to, if we lose, we become the laughingstock of college football. I don't think we lose, don't get me wrong, but games like this were always just one more hurdle to get to the national championship, this week, this game holds very little meaning now (in the big picture). Going to take some getting used to that's for sure.
You have to also wonder if the players don't feel the same way. A tough game to get excited for. Its not USC or Stanford, no revenge factor and with the Duck now out of the national championship race, we could very well see them come out flat.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Uniforms today are yellow helmets, white Fighting Ducks jersey, and yellow pants.
UofDuck
Senior

Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Post by UofDuck »

Oddly, I'm not obsessed with our contemporaries outcomes either. I'm usually obsessed with top 15's scores and follow them all day and consider their w/l effects on the duck's national ranking. Not today. It's irrelevant. It's both a bit more boring and less stressful at the same time.