Oregon @ Stanford Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Stanford Thread

Post by alabamaduck »

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of top level recruits want to go to schools that can't win a conference game. :D
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The scariest part about this is we are shooting over 53% from the field yet we are down by 24 points!!

Matthew Humphrey played good tonight. Time to give the youngins more minutes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I wonder if Michelle Obama has another brother, if so maybe he can replace Kent! :lol:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I cannot believe Oregon State has already beaten USC and Cal. Quite a day for Beaver fans. Wheaton and now this.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:The scariest part about this is we are shooting over 53% from the field yet we are down by 24 points!!

Well we play horrible defense, always have under Kent. And Humphrey played well in garbage time. At least we made free throws and hit 3's, yay!!!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:The scariest part about this is we are shooting over 53% from the field yet we are down by 24 points!!

Well we play horrible defense, always have under Kent. And Humphrey played well in garbage time. At least we made free throws and hit 3's, yay!!!!!
No offense to the squad, but hasn't every minute in pac-10 play so far been garbage time?

Statswise, this was our best game so far.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

this is getting ridiculous and to add salt to the wounds OSU is getting some wins.!!

SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE COACHING CAN MAKE?!?! ugh.. I give up on Oregon basketball till Kent is GONE
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Robstu wrote:this is getting ridiculous and to add salt to the wounds OSU is getting some wins.!!

SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE COACHING CAN MAKE?!?! ugh.. I give up on Oregon basketball till Kent is GONE

Oregon State does something called "play defense". Kent still hasn't learned in all his years, yet Robinson gets his team ready in a short amount of time. Kent should have been canned a long time ago. Our best game statswise? Please explain.
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

duckgrad99 wrote:
Robstu wrote:this is getting ridiculous and to add salt to the wounds OSU is getting some wins.!!

Oregon State does something called "play defense". Kent still hasn't learned in all his years, yet Robinson gets his team ready in a short amount of time. Kent should have been canned a long time ago. Our best game statswise? Please explain.

I know, Kent's teams constantly underachieve. Other teams have made coaching changes that have been great moves. WSU, ASU, Cal (will payoff), and even OSU. While Oregon just keeps giving Kent one more year and one more year.... its time to drop the axe and get someone who runs a true system and not a pickup game. And I'm afraid he'll ride the "we're a young developing team." wave all too long, and we'll suffer a long run of mediocrity. 7 assists all game long.... Now that's a TEAM come on....
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Ya good call...lets aspire to be the beavers who have low level quality players and won..gasp...2 pac 10 games this year...yeah i know we haven't won any yet but last year they won none and we were in the NCAA tourney...I'm sorry...and I do hate times like these...but i'll take a coach that can bring in high level talent into Eugene which no one since Dick Harter has done and I don't think anyone else can that gives us a chance at a run or two every few years...if you guys would like to play spoiler every year and go to the tourney once in forever like we were before EK thats nice but it just seems to me that you don't think too much or only came on board when we got good...or both
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

pudgejeff wrote:Ya good call...lets aspire to be the beavers who have low level quality players and won..gasp...2 pac 10 games this year...yeah i know we haven't won any yet but last year they won none and we were in the NCAA tourney...I'm sorry...and I do hate times like these...but i'll take a coach that can bring in high level talent into Eugene which no one since Dick Harter has done and I don't think anyone else can that gives us a chance at a run or two every few years...if you guys would like to play spoiler every year and go to the tourney once in forever like we were before EK thats nice but it just seems to me that you don't think too much or only came on board when we got good...or both
I think Robinson will be able to bring in some talent to Corvallis, more important he will get the Beavers to win. The only bad thing for Beaver fans about Robinson is I doubt he stays around too long, as soon as a bigger program comes calling he will be gone. Maybe the Ducks should get him! :D
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

pudgejeff wrote:Ya good call...lets aspire to be the beavers who have low level quality players and won..gasp...2 pac 10 games this year...yeah i know we haven't won any yet but last year they won none and we were in the NCAA tourney...I'm sorry...and I do hate times like these...but i'll take a coach that can bring in high level talent into Eugene which no one since Dick Harter has done and I don't think anyone else can that gives us a chance at a run or two every few years...if you guys would like to play spoiler every year and go to the tourney once in forever like we were before EK thats nice but it just seems to me that you don't think too much or only came on board when we got good...or both
yeah I'd rather get high profile recruits that come and don't live up to their hype... Our program got Cameloized right??? It's worry some that people think this is the best Oregon's basketball program can get 1 decent year out of 4 or 5 from Kent is good enough... It shouldn't be! I think the program has the potential to be good consistently. And with all the money flowing into the program it better be.

I'm just so sick of watching Kent's style for the last few years... Dribble he leather off the ball and jack up some ridiculously long three's... He also has some of the worst inbound plays I have ever seen. Usually the best thing we get is a lob to the back court.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

1 decent year out of every 4 or 5? Really though? Did you really just write that?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Kent

This is Kent's 12th season, and he has had 4 good years and 8 average or below years. If you look at the record year by year up above, we have been good pretty much 1 out of every 4 years under Kent. No consistency whatsoever.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

average=decent...and 4 out of 12 is 1 of every 3 years...and two of those were elite 8 runs...which is not just good but fucking amazing and completely and totally unheard of here until then...I mean i'm only 23 but I guess i've been watching and paying attention when i was little cause it seems like you guys don't have any idea of how different this program is than it ever was or ever was thought of being