Post by DrBradBuss »

My patience gets in the way.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Re: GM Rankings - DASL 2

Post by Craig »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Craig wrote:Seems like more of a retrospective on team performance for 5 seasons than actual GM rankings. There's lots of 1.0 data to draw on for true rankings.
Purposefully wanted to rank people only on this league because half of the GMs that weren’t there would be ranked unfairly.

Performance/Winning was probably the most weighted factor so far. Also this is more of a setup for future GM rankings. So once more data comes in, it’ll pan out. Additionally, it’ll be fun to see how strongly things shift. I think a couple tier GMs could easily be tier 3 GMs in like 5-10 years. And some tier 5 GMs that could shoot ups to the top 10.
I get it...i guess for me the content makes more sense if its not called 'GM rankings' lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
SUNS GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Craig wrote:Seems like more of a retrospective on team performance for 5 seasons than actual GM rankings. There's lots of 1.0 data to draw on for true rankings.
Purposefully wanted to rank people only on this league because half of the GMs that weren’t there would be ranked unfairly.

Performance/Winning was probably the most weighted factor so far. Also this is more of a setup for future GM rankings. So once more data comes in, it’ll pan out. Additionally, it’ll be fun to see how strongly things shift. I think a couple tier GMs could easily be tier 3 GMs in like 5-10 years. And some tier 5 GMs that could shoot ups to the top 10.
I get it...i guess for me the content makes more sense if its not called 'GM rankings' lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
:lol:

Maybe I should call it GM Power Rankings?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Heck of a drop but solid analysis of my team. Looks like somethings need to happen going forward to increase my ranking,
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

Appreciate the love lol. I would say for sure that I am probably a little bit too high. I do feel as though I created a pretty decent team from the creation draft as was evidenced by 3 straight finals runs. Also should've won a 2nd ring had it not been for injuries, but then again, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts. As for the notion that "I didn't plan for Kareem's retirement" he was still on contract and playing at a high level, so I tried to strike while the iron was hot. No regrets there, had I won those other 2 finals appearances and still been giving up these two very good firsts, it would be a much different tune. I took the risks and now I'm stuck in a hole with only a shovel to get out lol so we'll see what I can do with some cap space and firsts starting next year.

Again, appreciate the love and I realize I probably fall realistically lower. Especially since I text Ownage quite bit leaning on him for advice for certain things. The creation draft was all me though lol
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Post your preferences, +5
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »