Rate the movie you just watched

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Rate the movie you just watched

Post by bellsduck »

Just saw Total Recall. Several homages throughout towards the original but the story was different enough that I felt like I was watching a new movie. It was entertaining, but I can't believe I'm saying this, maybe a little too much time spent on chase scenes. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Beal, I'll never complain a lot.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Went and saw trouble with the curve...a ok movie.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wreck it Ralph was awesome. Love Disney.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Flight: classic Denzel. Really intense first 30 minutes, then lots of time taken develop characters. A lot of depth in Denzel's character. Also, most guys will really appreciate the opening scene.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Just saw Skyfall, best Bond movie in the past 20 years.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Go see Lincoln. Top 5 movie I have ever seen. The dialog is so heavily loaded you'll want to rewind every conversation to catch it all. Not super complicated, just very insightful dialog from a very insightful man played by my favorite actor.
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by USUaggieDuck »

Anybody see cloud atlas? Just read the book and absolutely loved it. The movie is really different though, apparently

Posted from my Android
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

whosyourwally wrote:Go see Lincoln. Top 5 movie I have ever seen. The dialog is so heavily loaded you'll want to rewind every conversation to catch it all. Not super complicated, just very insightful dialog from a very insightful man played by my favorite actor.
Very good movie, though personally, I think it the use of profanity was not needed. A thought provoking story line.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Watched The Dark Knight Rises again, I honestly think it's better than The Dark Knight. Nolan is a freaking genius, and I cannot wait for Man of Steel to come out.

Need to see a good movie, anyone see Django Unchained yet? I've heard good things about it, and was just curious.

303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched The Dark Knight Rises again, I honestly think it's better than The Dark Knight. Nolan is a freaking genius, and I cannot wait for Man of Steel to come out.

Need to see a good movie, anyone see Django Unchained yet? I've heard good things about it, and was just curious.
Haven't seen it but, hear good things as well. I saw Life of Pi and loved it. It truly is an amazing piece of art.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched The Dark Knight Rises again, I honestly think it's better than The Dark Knight. Nolan is a freaking genius, and I cannot wait for Man of Steel to come out.

Django is one of the best movies I've seen. Watched it twice and trying to go back a third time
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

duck55 wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:Go see Lincoln. Top 5 movie I have ever seen. The dialog is so heavily loaded you'll want to rewind every conversation to catch it all. Not super complicated, just very insightful dialog from a very insightful man played by my favorite actor.
Very good movie, though personally, I think it the use of profanity was not needed. A thought provoking story line.
I loved the movie too & agree with you on the profanity. I understand the Fword is centuries old but did it really get used back in Lincoln's time as much as we do today? I remember wondering during the film if it was historically accurate.

Saw Argo & loved it too!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Just saw Warm Bodies. Didn't have a whole lot of expectations going into it, but there were quite a few good laughs in the movie. Nothing amazing, but if you like a mini love movie with some humor, it's worth watching. 7/10.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

"Warm Bodies" was actually not bad at all, especially when you figure out it was sort of a redemption story/Romeo and Juliet, with a "happy ending"...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Saw "The Croods"

I'm a sucker for animated movies, especially Pixar. This was right up there. 8/10.