Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Re: Oregon @ Colorado (Saturday 7 pm pst ESPN)

Post by DmoneyDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:Kind of a weird week. First time a long long time we are 4 weeks into the season and out of the national championship picture. Hard to get pumped up for a game like this. If we win, well, we were supposed to, if we lose, we become the laughingstock of college football. I don't think we lose, don't get me wrong, but games like this were always just one more hurdle to get to the national championship, this week, this game holds very little meaning now (in the big picture). Going to take some getting used to that's for sure.
You have to also wonder if the players don't feel the same way. A tough game to get excited for. Its not USC or Stanford, no revenge factor and with the Duck now out of the national championship race, we could very well see them come out flat.
Rose Bowl is still very much in play. There's still a ton to play for!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

DmoneyDuck wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Kind of a weird week. First time a long long time we are 4 weeks into the season and out of the national championship picture. Hard to get pumped up for a game like this. If we win, well, we were supposed to, if we lose, we become the laughingstock of college football. I don't think we lose, don't get me wrong, but games like this were always just one more hurdle to get to the national championship, this week, this game holds very little meaning now (in the big picture). Going to take some getting used to that's for sure.
You have to also wonder if the players don't feel the same way. A tough game to get excited for. Its not USC or Stanford, no revenge factor and with the Duck now out of the national championship race, we could very well see them come out flat.
Rose Bowl is still very much in play. There's still a ton to play for!
No I agree, its just...........different. It must be what Michigan State felt last season, like they were always playing for second place. Not saying the Rose Bowl is second place, but it sure ain't the playoffs ya know.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Damn, people are way overreacting. Colorado is not good and their record is misleading...the fact that they're not even undefeated through 4 games with that schedule should highlight that. We're not the perennial BCS powerhouse we've been in recent years, but we're not a bottom feeder either The MSU game should make that obvious. We'll likely lose more games, but those will be against good teams, not the crap ones.

The offense will still put up big numbers against non-elite defenses and we'll be just fine.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Yeah it sucks that these games have so much less meaning than they used to. Like Florida vs Ole Miss, this game doesn't help Oregon at all! But considering I took my first CPA exam today and have two more before the end of November, it's probably a good thing the ducks are having a down year this year.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I understand what you guys mean... but I'm more excited about this game than I've been for most of Oregon's conference games in recent years, when I'd be fairly confident in us rolling to 30-point wins.

Forget the Rose Bowl... right now, I feel like the heart of our beloved team is on the line.

Depending on how we look tonight, I may let myself start thinking about larger goals again. But right now, all that matters is winning the day.

Win the day, win the day, win the day.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

On the one hand, saying we want our team to go to a bigger bowl than the Rose Bowl is a sign that our team has been going places and doing special things (always a positive thing). On the other hand, are we seriously saying the Rose Bowl is beneath our team? Wow, how far have we come? My alum (Oregon) is in a down season if we end up in the Rose Bowl while my hometown team (UH) would be lucky to win 7 games and stay home for the Hawaii Bowl. Puts things into perspective for me, I guess.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

So, we're really saying, " Win a league game, THEN pop off?'
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

Back on topic, do we know who starts tonight?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote: Yeah the Liufau to Spruce might become an reoccurring theme on Saturday.
I read that Tyree Robinson was moving to Corner to help cover Spruce. I also read that Pellum has really simplified the defense, at least for now. To quote "just go play, man!"

I think he really had no choice. There's too much youth to over complicate things right now. Just make sure they're communicating and let 'em play.
John 3:36
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

But why did it take until Game 5 to realize this when it was apparent from Game 1?!?
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

We are being held for lightning. Likely a delayed start
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UCLA getting manhandled at home. Rosen, welcome to the Pac-12.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Zyme wrote:We are being held for lightning. Likely a delayed start
Ah, was wondering why it wasn't showing up on espn3.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Who starts at safety if Robinson moves to cb?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Zyme wrote:We are being held for lightning. Likely a delayed start
Going on 9:30 at night, as if this game couldn't get any later........