Nevada @ #16 Oregon (Sept. 7, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Nevada @ #16 Oregon (Sept. 7, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:Yeah, JHop mentioned last night that Juwan’s injury might be an Achilles injury and not calf (ala Durant). He did not know the severity of it.
Shoot that sucks, I assumed it was just a high ankle thing. Grad transfer WRs dont seem to work out for the Ducks.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Dang. Would he have a redshirt available?
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

No he used his redshirt at Penn State
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I will be completely thrilled and somewhat surprised by a blowout win (30+) by the Ducks over Nevada this weekend. However "angry" or especially "motivated" the team might feel after last week's terribly difficult loss, it was still a very painful loss, which means we have wounded Ducks. Generally, I think teams that have lost the previous week don't play as well the following week due to confidence issues compared to when that team has won the previous week. Nevada, meanwhile, scored the last 20 points in a thrilling come-from-behind home victory over a Power 5 team last week. If a few early bounces don't go the Ducks' way and/or Nevada hangs around a little longer than we think they "should," the Ducks could begin questioning themselves a bit, etc. I'd just like to see the Ducks get a solid victory, e.g., by about 3 TDs or so.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Even though fans are supposed to wear yellow, the team will be wearing all-green on the field.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Anybody else think that the wing color should contrast with the helmet color? Why even have the wings if you can’t see them?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ agreed.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’m in LA for a wedding, so this will be the first game I don’t watch live on TV or in person in about six years. I’m recording it at home but it’s just not the same. Making me less nervous, but Nevada is not an opponent to be overlooked. I’m just hoping for a blowout, so when I check for updates I don’t ruin a wedding with a heart attack.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I’m in LA for a wedding, so this will be the first game I don’t watch live on TV or in person in about six years. I’m recording it at home but it’s just not the same. Making me less nervous, but Nevada is not an opponent to be overlooked. I’m just hoping for a blowout, so when I check for updates I don’t ruin a wedding with a heart attack.
I'm sorry... :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Anybody have an idea what the TV situation is going to be with the overlap with the UCLA game? Assuming it'll be on Pac-12 Oregon, but who knows.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

nogerO wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I’m in LA for a wedding, so this will be the first game I don’t watch live on TV or in person in about six years. I’m recording it at home but it’s just not the same. Making me less nervous, but Nevada is not an opponent to be overlooked. I’m just hoping for a blowout, so when I check for updates I don’t ruin a wedding with a heart attack.
I'm sorry... :lol:
Haha, I am too. Spent the past few days at Disneyland and I can’t tolerate any more lines or children. Or Angelenos.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

As expected, it looks like both McCormick and Juwan Johnson are out again.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

It's too bad we'll never get to see an experienced Herbert throwing to a badass crop of receivers, especially considering how amazingly he tore it up last season with only Mitchell to throw to.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

First game I’ll be watching with my son! He’s 11 weeks old and sleeping on my chest! Last week my wife was out and took him hit this time I get to keep him! Arroyo could call a run up the middle every play and I’ll be happy! You can all thank my new son for my lack of complaining during this game.