South's Singler is player of year

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: South's Singler is player of year

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:If UO could land Coleman the kid from Jefferson who should be a 4* and a PG that would be another awesome class.
TTownDuck wrote:Oregon's been scouting Spencer Coleman pretty heavily. If he blows up during the summer, wouldn't surprise me to see him get an offer. Great length, solid all-around player.
Terrance Jones hasn't even mentioned Oregon in his last few articles.. I'd be surprised if we managed to land him.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Spencer Coleman seems like a better football recruit than he does a basketball recruit. His stats for basketball weren't all that impressive and it seems like he is built more for football than he is for basketball. I suspect that Kent won't get anybody from in-state next and will again go back east for more recruits. The elite players that come from this state rarely stay here; they seem to go the big-name schools (Dunleavy and Singler to Duke, Love to UCLA, and all of those Portlanders who went to Arizona.) As much as we would like to consider ourselves a good basketball school, Oregon will lose 9 times out of 10 to those schools.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yet we continue to beat out the likes tOSU, Ill and Mich St for top flight eastern talent?
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:If UO could land Coleman the kid from Jefferson who should be a 4* and a PG that would be another awesome class.
TTownDuck wrote:Oregon's been scouting Spencer Coleman pretty heavily. If he blows up during the summer, wouldn't surprise me to see him get an offer. Great length, solid all-around player.
Terrance Jones hasn't even mentioned Oregon in his last few articles.. I'd be surprised if we managed to land him.
I don't like hearing that...IMO we must recruit Jones as hard as anyone we have ever been after!

Maybe its EK, and a change in coaching would change his mind?

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

Yeah, we have no chance at Terrance Jones, unfortunately.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Terrance Jones is an amazing player.

6-8 and strong.

I saw him play for the first couple minutes of a game, where he dominated inside and had great post moves.
So my first impressions were that he will be like 4 star big man, and a force down-low.

Then I saw he go 1-on-1 outside. Shoot deep 3-pointers, and make great passes.

5* type player IMO, great at everything.

That really sucks that he's not interested, cuz woud've been a huge get
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Anyone else thnk it's weird that we can get talent from the midwest but not from our own backyard? Ever think that maybe it's cuz they know what our program is really like & the kinda coach Kent really is? Just seems weird we can get top players from across the country but the players in our own state don't even CONSIDER us.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Anyone else thnk it's weird that we can get talent from the midwest but not from our own backyard? Ever think that maybe it's cuz they know what our program is really like & the kinda coach Kent really is? Just seems weird we can get top players from across the country but the players in our own state don't even CONSIDER us.

Nothing new. Even when Harter was here the best in state players went elsewhere. He recruited blue chip players from all over, but not Oregon. Even Danny Ainge from North Eugene left the state, and believe me, Harter tried everything to get him to be a Duck. Some speculate the frustration of not getting Ainge is what led to Dick Harter heading back to the east coast.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

OO is best player in football in Oregon(2010), and not much interest at all in Oregon.
Terrance Jones best basketball player in Oregon(2010), no interest at all in Oregon.

hmm
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:OO is best player in football in Oregon(2010), and not much interest at all in Oregon.
Terrance Jones best basketball player in Oregon(2010), no interest at all in Oregon.

hmm
This is normal IMO because guys want to get a change of scenery especially when top schools come calling, unless they are a die hard fan...ie:White!

Besides I'd rather have players that want to be here not ones doing us a favor!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

Oregon's problem is the lack of tradition of being good every year for a long span. Top flight programs in both basketball and football that have been a top 25 team over the last 10 years and every one of those 10 years kis grow up with them winning lots of games and wanting to play for the home school.