Jamil Wilson to OREGON

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Jamil Wilson

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

PDXShogun wrote:THis kid doesn't quite have Hairston hype. Hairston was a 5* guy and a top 10 national recruit. Wilson is a 4* guy. Still, with last year's class no longer being freshmen, I think it's fair to expect an appearance in the big dance next year. Anything less could be considered a disappointment.
Anything less should get Kent fired. I doubt it will though.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

You know what this means: If we do well next year, Kent is going to get all the credit. :lol: This team should spend extra time working on defense in the offseason.
oreducks15
One Star Recruit

Post by oreducks15 »

LOL. That MSU forum is pretty funny to read. They act like we are continuously the worst basketball program in the country.
Some guy said that Losing + Money = Oregon :roll:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

oreducks15 wrote:LOL. That MSU forum is pretty funny to read. They act like we are continuously the worst basketball program in the country.

Haha, it is pretty shocking though. Imagine if a big time football recruit chose a school like Washington State over Florida.
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Post by PDXShogun »

oreducks15 wrote:LOL. That MSU forum is pretty funny to read. They act like we are continuously the worst basketball program in the country.
I saw that, too. Unfortunately, with our record this year it's hard to formulate a counter argument.
ghetarr2007
One Star Recruit

Post by ghetarr2007 »

I wouldn't typecast MSU fans just because of this situation. They have a right to be pissed, looking at the current state of the two programs and how close he was to their campus etc. They probably felt all along that he was his, and that Oregon was not a serious threat so I can understand why they are angry, it's only natural. That said, I can't wait to see this team next year, with a productive offseason a tournament berth is not out of the question in Porter's senior season.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

We get Wilson and now it's snowing. Weird.
GO DUCKS!
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Post by PDXShogun »

ghetarr2007 wrote:I wouldn't typecast MSU fans just because of this situation. They have a right to be pissed, looking at the current state of the two programs and how close he was to their campus etc. They probably felt all along that he was his, and that Oregon was not a serious threat so I can understand why they are angry, it's only natural. That said, I can't wait to see this team next year, with a productive offseason a tournament berth is not out of the question in Porter's senior season.
I don't blame them at all. Actually, I kind of agree with them. With the way this team has played this year I had written off Wilson as a duck long ago. I'm shocked as well. Great day for the Duck Basketball program, though.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

YES!

I knew he'd be a duck.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

And he doesn't shoot the 3 very well witch means maybe we'll have a slasher on our hands...maybe just what we need to get the ball out of TP's hands and turn him back into the player we all loved
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:

Haha, it is pretty shocking though. Imagine if a big time football recruit chose a school like Washington State over Florida.
C'mon its not that bad. We made the tourney last year & the Elite 8 the year before. Wazzu hasn't even made a bowl game in years.
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Post by PDXShogun »

here's the ESPN link complete with highlight video:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiti ... Id%3d46847
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Does anyone have a link to a video of him...I'd love to see what kind of style of player he is...Hopefully he's fluid and not so choppy and abrupt like Malik was
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:And he doesn't shoot the 3 very well witch means maybe we'll have a slasher on our hands...maybe just what we need to get the ball out of TP's hands and turn him back into the player we all loved

Yeah, that's good. We have enough 3 point shooters. We need players that can drive to the hoop and finish. Wilson should be able to do that.
ghetarr2007
One Star Recruit

Post by ghetarr2007 »

Just wanted to let you all know something about Jamal's character I didn't even know until now. Today would have been his mother's birthday. She died from cancer two years ago. It was known over a year ago that he was deciding on March 8, 2009 in honor of his mother. RIP Mrs. Wilson.

Great article btw for those who haven't read it,

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp