NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by JBB »

Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
JBB wrote:Hers a definition of forfeit that makes my point. Neglect of duty. are key words.
Definition of forfeit (Entry 1 of 3)
1 : something forfeited or subject to being forfeited (as for a crime, offense, or neglect of duty) : PENALTY
The non-performing party will have to pay because they entered into one of these
Definition of contract (Entry 1 of 3)
1a : a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties
especially : one legally enforceable
If he breaks the contract, he'll be sued.
b : a business arrangement for the supply of goods or services at a fixed price
make parts on contract
Coronavirus kinda negates most things. So my non-refundable trip to Hawaii, all refunded. Because of corona.
A delay in my reply but that was what I was fishing for with JBB. Games get canceled or postponed because of extreme weather conditions, hurricanes, or health concerns, air quality........... do you really think they will hand a win to the Bisons because of Corona? News flash! They canceled both men’s and women’s NCAA tournaments........... no forfeits, lol.
The NCAA. Tournament was cancelled with all parties agreeing. There were no parties injured by acts of another unless they sue China.The country was in a pandemic scare but to any reasonable individual it is over, if indeed it was ever there. It is a political event now with some governments abusing their populations far more than others.

This case would be a drop in the bucket compared to all the ruined business owners that are going to be suing governments Closing the businesses was an act by government on behalf of the greater public amounting to a taking of personal property. Therefore under both federal and state laws the government must pay reasonable and just compensation.

It seems to me the government is as responsible to the business owners as they are to a home owner who’s front yard is taken for a road or temporary work area for projects impacting individuals on behalf of society. If NDSU is injured by non performance caused by government action it seems to me the claim is similar if the action is unilateral and one party is ready to go and the other is not..

The fact both yours and my airline tickets were non refundable but were refunded anyway may end up as part of the damage consideration if the airlines decide to seek just compensation but most likely percentage of vale before the government enforced shut down would be the measure. For NDSU it would be financial, if not spelled out maybe the buyout amount of 1 million dollars.

It’s only my opinion. There is a lot on the subject. Duck duck go for a true search.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

JBB wrote:
Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
JBB wrote:Hers a definition of forfeit that makes my point. Neglect of duty. are key words.
Definition of forfeit (Entry 1 of 3)
1 : something forfeited or subject to being forfeited (as for a crime, offense, or neglect of duty) : PENALTY
The non-performing party will have to pay because they entered into one of these
Definition of contract (Entry 1 of 3)
1a : a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties
especially : one legally enforceable
If he breaks the contract, he'll be sued.
b : a business arrangement for the supply of goods or services at a fixed price
make parts on contract
Coronavirus kinda negates most things. So my non-refundable trip to Hawaii, all refunded. Because of corona.
A delay in my reply but that was what I was fishing for with JBB. Games get canceled or postponed because of extreme weather conditions, hurricanes, or health concerns, air quality........... do you really think they will hand a win to the Bisons because of Corona? News flash! They canceled both men’s and women’s NCAA tournaments........... no forfeits, lol.
The NCAA. Tournament was cancelled with all parties agreeing. There were no parties injured by acts of another unless they sue China.The country was in a pandemic scare but to any reasonable individual it is over, if indeed it was ever there. It is a political event now with some governments abusing their populations far more than others.

This case would be a drop in the bucket compared to all the ruined business owners that are going to be suing governments Closing the businesses was an act by government on behalf of the greater public amounting to a taking of personal property. Therefore under both federal and state laws the government must pay reasonable and just compensation.

It seems to me the government is as responsible to the business owners as they are to a home owner who’s front yard is taken for a road or temporary work area for projects impacting individuals on behalf of society. If NDSU is injured by non performance caused by government action it seems to me the claim is similar if the action is unilateral and one party is ready to go and the other is not..

The fact both yours and my airline tickets were non refundable but were refunded anyway may end up as part of the damage consideration if the airlines decide to seek just compensation but most likely percentage of vale before the government enforced shut down would be the measure. For NDSU it would be financial, if not spelled out maybe the buyout amount of 1 million dollars.

It’s only my opinion. There is a lot on the subject. Duck duck go for a true search.
Can this thread finally be locked now?
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Our GAM prediction is not finalized yet. The GAM uses a team profile developed from a teams cumulative performance over any given period of time. For this and most games we are using the 2019 cumulative statistics. Probable game outcomes are generated when the projected performance of each team is entered into the equations which use the profile data as the independent variables.

By plugging the Wisconsin statistics from the Rose bowl into the NDSU season profile and of course Oregon's game statistics into their profile we get this line:

NDSU 23 Oregon 13.

That's because NDSUs profile against the FCS is superior to Wisconsin's performance against the FBS and it's this superior performance against its peers that is giving NDSU the look of a contender for the Oregon game.

The question remains will Oregon be able to prevent NDSU from producing its average performance? If they are the score could look like:

Oregon 32 NDSU 19.

To get that score NDSUs worst performance against Illinois state and Wisconsin's best performance against Nevada were plugged into each teams profile.

Based on overall regular season statistics for the respective team profiles we get a score of

Oregon 24 NDSU 22.

If you include the playoffs for NDSUs profile the score becomes

NDSU 32 Oregon 27

NDSU improved their team profile considerably during the playoffs against the top teams in the FCS. The better the competition the better The Bison seem to play.

The BISON are now assembled and preparing for this game. Its getting time for the official line to be posted. We are working on it and hope to have it soon. Its one of the most interesting prognostications in some time.
Last edited by JBB on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

I suggest a "Don't Feed The Trolls" advisory for this thread.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

It's interesting: By averaging the 4 scores you get a 24-24 tie.

Overall it's 2-2 Oregon. (corrected due to column error on sp sheet)

The average Over/Under is 50.5

The cumulative spread is 5 (corrected due to column error on sp sheet)

Everything is pointing to a really good game. The route potential is of course Oregons but this one is looking very good on paper.

its also interesting to note the Ohio State @ Oregon game looks like this:

OSU 34 Ducks 23

An NDSU OSU game could very well look like this

OSU 29 NDSU 24
Last edited by JBB on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

interesting i always thought games were played on grass or field turf of some kind
Not on paper... sorry I just fed the troll dam
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Sometimes I think JBB is just a gambling spam bot the way the posts read.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

duckfan22 wrote:interesting i always thought games were played on grass or field turf of some kind
Not on paper... sorry I just fed the troll dam
You are correct of course but for the prognosticator and sports bettor the game is played on paper. Its the game within the game. All the game does is indicate if the results as found on paper were true or false. Some people, like 5 Dimes, make it possible to do for money. In those situations you are a lot better off with a proven game model indicating the winner, score and over/under than you are with a gut feeling.

The GAM of course is not always right but is almost never way off base. Nothing can predict the future because of good old Heisenberg and "Any Given Saturday Syndrome" but there are levels of success and the GAM has been better than guessing. This game will test its parameters. Maybe the GAM is only good inside the context of NDSUs regular competition? In the past that hasn't been the case.

The only real question is how do you interpret and follow the GAMs advice if you plan to accept propositions offered by 5 Dimes?
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

JBB wrote:
its also interesting to note the Ohio State @ Oregon game looks like this:

OSU 34 Ducks 23

An NDSU OSU game could very well look like this

OSU 29 NDSU 24
Now that's funny - The Bisons Defense hold the Buckeyes to 5 fewer points than the Ducks Defense does. That's most likely due to the extra 2 weeks of practice you. I sure tOSU is glad they haven't scheduled to play against the GAM
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

It’s not an absolute nor a prediction. Because team profiles emerge from each teams competitive environment the GAM is reflecting how much better NDSU performs against its peers in the FCS than Oregon against its peers in the PAC 12. Its significant enough so in a comparison like this it really pops out at you. Notice The Bison also score 1 more than the Ducks.

NDSUs relative strength index to the FCS is the over the top. They are the best FCS team in history. It puts them solidly in the middle or higher in the PAC 12. A game like this, Bison vs Ducks would put a bowl spot on the line.

According to the GAM Oregon is +11 vs OSU. Five Dimes has it Oregon +9.5. Juice is a stiff 120 either way. I would take OSU because the GAM indicates they will cover 9.5. That means in all likely hood it will go over as well. I expect the GAMs over/under to be higher than five Dimes. The juice is too stiff though so no action.

The folks at Five Dimes etc are really really good. Most of the time they will be fairly close to the GAM like the Oregon/Ohio State comparison. Most of the time things are close enough so we won’t touch it especially with bad juice. Sometimes if the juice is favorable it’s worthwhile to look at the closer matchups. The vast majority of the games we let go by. Every now-and-then however there is what appears to be a significant error in their pricing for spread, winner and/or over under. That’s when it starts getting Smokey and when the smoke goes up the money goes down that’s when you hear that honky tonk sound.
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

JBB wrote:It’s not an absolute nor a prediction. Because team profiles emerge from each teams competitive environment the GAM is reflecting how much better NDSU performs against its peers in the FCS than Oregon against its peers in the PAC 12. Its significant enough so in a comparison like this it really pops out at you. Notice The Bison also score 1 more than the Ducks.

NDSUs relative strength index to the FCS is the over the top. They are the best FCS team in history. It puts them solidly in the middle or higher in the PAC 12. A game like this, Bison vs Ducks would put a bowl spot on the line.

According to the GAM Oregon is +11 vs OSU. Five Dimes has it Oregon +9.5. Juice is a stiff 120 either way. I would take OSU because the GAM indicates they will cover 9.5. That means in all likely hood it will go over as well. I expect the GAMs over/under to be higher than five Dimes. The juice is too stiff though so no action.

The folks at Five Dimes etc are really really good. Most of the time they will be fairly close to the GAM like the Oregon/Ohio State comparison. Most of the time things are close enough so we won’t touch it especially with bad juice. Sometimes if the juice is favorable it’s worthwhile to look at the closer matchups. The vast majority of the games we let go by. Every now-and-then however there is what appears to be a significant error in their pricing for spread, winner and/or over under. That’s when it starts getting Smokey and when the smoke goes up the money goes down that’s when you hear that honky tonk sound.
Please just stop
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Looks like the Ducks are coming in at #10 From 247 Sports. A pre season ranking

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Footb ... mRankings/
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

UO 56 GAM 7
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Good news. Ticket markets for the game are active serving as a good sign the game will be played. I checked out stub hub. There are tickets available all over the stadium. As you get close to the 50 expect to pay $250. I saw a few over $300.

The press box side is pretty sold out except for a few sections. You can corner and end zone for under $100.

https://www.stubhub.com/oregon-ducks-fo ... ?sid=80387

It looks similar at vivid, maybe slightly higher on average. As you move to the 50 expect to pay $280.

https://www.vividseats.com/ncaaf/oregon ... 80625.html

The Governors power to rule the state indiscriminately ends today in MN unless the legislature acts. They aren’t acting so the Gophers would be able to play their games. That will also open up the D2 leagues. Lots of good D2 football played around here.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

JBB wrote:Good news. Ticket markets for the game are active serving as a good sign the game will be played.
Oh thank god!!! I really thought the Ducks would have to forfeit giving the mighty Bison another win and a very prestigious win over a highly ranked power five school! Why do I feel the Ducks dodged a bullet? Now to squeak by the Bison........ maybe a last second 89 yard field goal? ......... does this ever get old? Your relentless posting on a competitors message board?