Jamil Wilson to OREGON

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

briarduck
Senior

Re: Jamil Wilson

Post by briarduck »

Dang I was watching this like a hawk this morning and I went out with my kids for the early afternoon and forgot about it...EXCELLENT NEWS guys!

The combination of Wilson and Williams (2 slashers) having the ability to create for themselves/others and our current group of shooters we are looking pretty sweet! And as duck99 said, add a top notch PG and we will have a "elite eight plus" tourney team in a few of years!

AWESOME news man I'm pumped about this guy!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I would be pretty surprised if this team goes to the tourney next year. I think there junior year is when they start making noise. No more porter and Longmire will be a senior. Could potentially be a great defensive team with all that length!!
roth
One Star Recruit

Post by roth »

I will say, I do like Porter and hes done great things for Oregon but I do feel like at least RIGHT NOW hes really hurting the team. For example yesterday against UCLA. Oregon was up by 5 35-30 and Wiley was 4 for 4 from 3 point range. We were playing VERY well and had just forced the bruins into 2 consecutive one and dones. We really needed a nice possession and to get some points to give us a cushion. Porter passed up a wide open shot to drive to the basket, threw up a wild lay up which luckily hit the rim, but Crittle worked hard and forced a bruin to touch it last and the ball went out of bounds. Oregon ball and a fresh 35. Humphrey inbounded it to porter who had a little bit of room but hesitated his shot. Most player would bring the ball out and set up a play. Instead Porter threw up a shot that was almost a fade away 3 over a much taller Nicholas Dragivic. It wasn't close and UCLA got the board. From then on The bruins went on a 17-5 run to close the half. Porter lost all of our MO which was HUGE on senior day at UCLA. This also happened when UCLA came to Mac. I don't know if people remembered but oregon was playing REALLY well and we were down 3. Porter then proceeded to take a shot closer to half court then to the 3 point line it hit the backboard and no rim and went right to aboya. Then on the next 4 possessions he turned it over every time. I know hes a better player then that and I know that he doesn't have much help but his decision making MUST improve as a senior if oregon wants a winning record
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Great news, too bad the Ducks are pretty much out of it for Wall though. Hopefully Kent can coach half way decent next year and put together a good season. I think the Ducks will be in the middle off the conference and just miss a tournament bid. But 2010-2011 should be good, possibly an elite 8 team, typical of Kent's career, which will save him again and then we can start the trend all over again! ;)
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

Here is an article I found on Wilson...Sounds like he's not a horrible three point shooter...http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/20 ... 478788.txt
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Former duck Alex Scales was also from Racine, Wisconsin.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

ljginger wrote:Here is an article I found on Wilson...Sounds like he's not a horrible three point shooter...http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/20 ... 478788.txt
Great article and that was when he was a junior, correct? I like this guy, he sounds like a difference maker! Lets just hope EK and Co can improve him!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

Yes the article was from his junior year...Being compared to Marvin Williams isn't too shabby...
briarduck
Senior

Re: Jamil Wilson to OREGON

Post by briarduck »

Here's the video of the press conference!

http://journaltimes.videos.vmixcore.com ... id=3376834

Its a fine day to be a Duck boys!
Last edited by briarduck on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Damn, he's calling us Or-a-gone. I guess he's got time to learn =)
GO DUCKS!
ARGHimaPirate
Three Star Recruit

Post by ARGHimaPirate »

After the struggles we had this season this is a huge get. This made my day for sure.
roth
One Star Recruit

Post by roth »

Great get, kid will be a perfect fit on this team williams was the only other slasher and ek doesn't play him a lot and wilson will probablt start or be the 6th man next year
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Great find Briarduck. I was really impressed with the kid, very well spoken. Those are the kids you want to be Ducks, makes them easy to root for.
ghetarr2007
One Star Recruit

Post by ghetarr2007 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Great find Briarduck. I was really impressed with the kid, very well spoken. Those are the kids you want to be Ducks, makes them easy to root for.
He genuinely seems like a character kid to me. I know losing his Mom to cancer must have been tough on him, but dedicating this day to her by announcing his decision on her birthday just goes to show how much character he has! I am actually really excited about this team's potential, as well as football and baseball, for next year and the years to follow.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Wow, this kid gets "it"..Very well spoken, seems humble, and a family first guy. He knew we'd struggle this year and playing time could be ample. He doesn't seem like a one and done as he was talking 2-3 years down the road how good we could be after this building process has taken place.
Great get, I'm super stoked he is a DUCK!