Jamil Wilson to OREGON

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Jamil Wilson to OREGON

Post by OregonMAX »

Only a few more days until he decides (March 8th I believe), what do you guys think of him and our chances at getting him?
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
roth
One Star Recruit

Re: Jamil Wilson

Post by roth »

I think pretty good, I heard he and Kent are close and everyone knows because Kent won two pac-10 games he should stay because winning 2 pac-10 games is more then depaul has won in the big east therefore we will get wilson and he will stay
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think his relationship with Kent will get him. Regardless of Kent, this team is going to be loaded these next couple of years. I see us doing big things....and Kent staying around :cry:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://www.oregon.rivals.com/barrier_no ... &mid=&rid=

Can someone summarize that article about John Wall? I think it said that an Oregon visit is possible.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

Add a player of Wilson's level into the Oregon depth chart and you should see the Ducks become very very deadly inside the paint. Wilson is a great slasher that is very long and can score in bunches. When a team isnt hitting the jumper you need to attack the rim. Wilson is an expert at attacking the rim and finishing strong. I'd be very interested to see him play with Dunigan as both would feed off each other. Dunigan would get a lot of dump off dunks from Wilson attacking the rim or flushes on rebounds as teams defenses would have to draw in on Wilson's attack. Add in Porter shooting smart and deadly from outside and this team is well on its way to a great year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Beating out Izzo is will be tough. But the one thing Oregon has going for them other than the player-coach relationship, is the fact that he'll see the court from day 1 at Oregon. At MSU, he's gonna have to beat out other 5 star recruits. Raymar Morgan, Durrell Summers, and Delvon Roe. (Also Draymond Green who hasn't played much yet but is bigger than any recruit Oregon has at SG/SF).

Jamil would be a massive addition to this team. His ability to score inside will open up our offense.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

can he create off the Dribble?
OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

duckgrad99 wrote:http://www.oregon.rivals.com/barrier_no ... &mid=&rid=

Can someone summarize that article about John Wall? I think it said that an Oregon visit is possible.
I just say that today and it really made me wish I had a rivals subscription
But from what I've heard I didn't think we had much of a shot at John Wall anymore (hope I'm wrong)
Also, we only have 3 scholarships available this year, right? So if we get Wilson, can we not get Wall?
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Wall is unlikely to visit Oregon. He says he hasn't heard from Oregon in quite a while.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boom wrote:can he create off the Dribble?
From the video's I've seen of him, he handles the ball very well for his size. In fact in about half the highlights, he's the PG. He's very versatile, and scout lists his slashing ability has one of his strengths.

So yes, I'd say he can create off the dribble.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:

Wall is unlikely to visit Oregon. He says he hasn't heard from Oregon in quite a while.
Makes me wonder if someone else could have told the coaches he's a duck.

Because you don't forget about a player like Wall unless you're full.

Merely speculation on my part, but hey I'm bored. :lol:

VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Makes me wonder if someone else could have told the coaches he's a duck.

Because you don't forget about a player like Wall unless you're full.

Merely speculation on my part, but hey I'm bored. :lol:
My guess is the Ducks determined they didn't have a realistic shot at him, thus they put their focus elsewhere.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

maybe we've had a silent commit for a while now.....whoops...
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Mops wrote:maybe we've had a silent commit for a while now.....whoops...
You're awesome Mops :lol:
roth
One Star Recruit

Post by roth »

AHHH MOPS!!!! tell me this silent commit is wilson. aahhhhhhhh and now im officially wishing march 8 was 2moro ahhhhhhh. wilson would be HUGE. this means that you could have catron off the bench.

5- Dunnigan
4- crittle
3- wilson
2- humphrey/ porter or if size wiley
1- sim/porter

that team would be STACKED