DeAndre Daniels

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: DeAndre Daniels

Post by karlhungis »

If Daniels chooses us over Texas, I can't wait to see the smear pieces that come out of ESPN and Texas about our cheating.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

woundedknees wrote:Since Polee is transferring due to family health issues (Reported to be his Mother), I would be somewhat
surprised if the NCAA did not grant him a waiver to play immediately.
you could be right. but if that's the main concern for him, i'd expect him to go to USC or UCLA, which is a car ride away instead of a plane ride.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Original speculation was that USC may be out of the running, as his Dad apparently doesn't work there anymore (I believe he resigned in May, 2010.), but that UCLA or SDSU may be the leaders for Polee's services.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... tions.html

"Polee's decision to resign comes shortly before his son, Westchester High star Dwayne Polee Jr., who is one of the nation's top basketball recruits, is expected to announce his college decision. Polee Sr. said late last week that his son's choices were between St. John's, Oregon and Georgia. His deadline for choosing is May 19, the final day of the spring signing period."

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129987

"Dwayne Polee (Sr) has accepted the head coach position at his alma mater, Manual Arts High (4131 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90037, 3.5 miles from the USC campus.), where he scored 43 points for the Toilers in the 1981 City Section championship game against Crenshaw. Polee went on to play for Pepperdine and briefly with the Clippers."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If Polee goes to SDSU, then that probably makes Daniels choose between Kansas and Oregon and I'm not that confident in Oregon winning that type of recruiting battle.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

We already pulled out of the running, but Daniels signed with UCONN by the way.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

TheMaehlMan wrote:We already pulled out of the running, but Daniels signed with UCONN by the way.
Sweetness, UCONN's been my adopted college bball team since the last few Kent years. I actually have more UCONN bball gear than I do Duck bball gear. :oops:
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
TheMaehlMan wrote:We already pulled out of the running, but Daniels signed with UCONN by the way.
Sweetness, UCONN's been my adopted college bball team since the last few Kent years. I actually have more UCONN bball gear than I do Duck bball gear. :oops:
I can't stand UCONN, but have a lot of family back east that root for them, they are pretty stoked.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
I can't stand UCONN, but have a lot of family back east that root for them, they are pretty stoked.
Yeah all my fam is back there besides my parents & siblings, & I was born in mass so I have a bit of a connection to new england teams, (Patriots, celtics, uconn).
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
TheMaehlMan wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Yeah all my fam is back there besides my parents & siblings, & I was born in mass so I have a bit of a connection to new england teams, (Patriots, celtics, uconn).
Awesome, I too was born in Massachusetts and am a Pats/Sox/Bruins(C's to a lesser degree, became a bigger Blazer fan) fan.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
TheMaehlMan wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Awesome, I too was born in Massachusetts and am a Pats/Sox/Bruins(C's to a lesser degree, became a bigger Blazer fan) fan.
Oh right on man. I don't like the sox cuz my dads a new yorker & a big yankee fan so I grew up rooting for them. Not much of a hockey fan, mostly cuz I've never been around it, but I definitely root for the Bruins when they're relevant. Loving what they're doing to the Canucks right now.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote: Oh right on man. I don't like the sox cuz my dads a new yorker & a big yankee fan so I grew up rooting for them. Not much of a hockey fan, mostly cuz I've never been around it, but I definitely root for the Bruins when they're relevant. Loving what they're doing to the Canucks right now.
Some of my family-members are Yankee fans also, mostly the ones who live in Connecticut, so its understandable. The only thing that sucks about this past off-season is that I can't really spout off to those Yankee fans about buying championships any longer :lol:

And yeah, it is awesome to see the Bruins coming back in this series. My dad used to tell me that he never thought the Sox, B's, or Pats would ever win a championship, and now the Bruins are moving toward proving him wrong on all fronts(though we do have a ways to go)! Hopefully the Sedin twins continue to struggle, and Tim Thomas continues to be un-freaking-believable.