"It is hard to beat a team three times in one season!''...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

"It is hard to beat a team three times in one season!''...

Post by MerDuck »

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... cougs.html

The only way we get another chance to face the Beavs (or the cardinals for that matter) is to make it into the tournament championship game. Not saying I think we have even a remote chance of getting out of night 1 alive, however this guy has a good point. History shows us that it is difficult to beat a team 3 times in one year so...

The conundrum I find myself in is While it would make for a great "dead week" (the week before finals for all of you non-students) if the ducks were to run the table and win the tournament, it would ruin spring break as I'd have to sit around and watch the ducks get stomped in the first round of the NCAA's.

I know, I know, I don't need to be told how this is not going to happen. I am more interested in hearing those of you who have an opinion about what you would like to happen. Do you want the ducks to win, or loose quick and get it over with? I have always found it hard not to root for the ducks to win but now, in this situation... :?:
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: "It is hard to beat a team three times in one season!''...

Post by ducksin2010 »

I don't think we are the right team to exemplify being difficult to beat twice. Maybe Uconn v. Pitt would be a better example of that.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I think Washington St. easily beats the Ducks. It would be nice to see them win though.... at least one more game!
ARGHimaPirate
Three Star Recruit

Post by ARGHimaPirate »

The deaper they get into the PAC 10 tourny the better. Its semi post season basketball and a learning experience for all the freshman. This way they get a taste of what it takes to do well in tournaments for the future. I hope that at least can win a game or be competative in a loss. Some defense would also be nice.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

ARGHimaPirate wrote:The deaper they get into the PAC 10 tourny the better. Its semi post season basketball and a learning experience for all the freshman. This way they get a taste of what it takes to do well in tournaments for the future. I hope that at least can win a game or be competative in a loss. Some defense would also be nice.
:idea: Good point, I've made my decision! :D there is now way I was ever gonna root for them to loose anyway.