Tyler Anderson

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

amazon
Two Star Recruit

Tyler Anderson

Post by amazon »

Drafted in first round - Overall #20 pick by Colorado.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Tyler Anderson

Post by duckgrad99 »

What a great honor for Anderson. Hopefully he pitches well in that ballpark.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Congrats to Tyler Anderson!

Good thing he isn't a flyball pitcher...
ImageImageImageImageImage
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Congrats to Tyler, hopefully he will get to the big leagues soon.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

I'm a Dodgers fan, but the Rockies are a solid organization. Good fit for Tyler.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Rockies took Stavert a few years ago, too. Maybe they'll pitch together for a few months before Anderson passes him going up the chain.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:Rockies took Stavert a few years ago, too. Maybe they'll pitch together for a few months before Anderson passes him going up the chain.
They also took one-time Oregon recruit Tyler Matzek in the 1st round back in 2009 so they have several pitchers with Oregon ties.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Matzek can go to hell.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

oregontrack wrote:Matzek can go to hell.
For being drafted 11th overall and getting a $4 million signing bonus? Good for him. I actually believe that he wanted to play at UO and wasn't just using the school as a bargaining chip to increase his signing bonus. It's not like he was going to be able to improve his draft stock very much.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

Is Matzek the one who signed 15 seconds before the deadline?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

BillM wrote:Is Matzek the one who signed 15 seconds before the deadline?
Yeah thats him. It def seemed like his intentions were pure & he wanted to be a duck. You'd be dumb to turn down that kind of of guaranteed money, don't blame the kid at all.

And huge congrats to TA. Guy is as good as it gets, in a areas. Glad we had him for 3 years, hope he has a great career in the bigs.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Anybody hear what MLB channel announcers said about Anderson? I was watching most of it, but then turn the Mariners on and missed when the Rockies selected him.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

thomas time wrote:Anybody hear what MLB channel announcers said about Anderson? I was watching most of it, but then turn the Mariners on and missed when the Rockies selected him.

I didn't, but this is what someone from this site said about him. Not sure how accurate that description is though.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6749/tyler-anderson
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

uostudent wrote:
oregontrack wrote:Matzek can go to hell.
For being drafted 11th overall and getting a $4 million signing bonus? Good for him. I actually believe that he wanted to play at UO and wasn't just using the school as a bargaining chip to increase his signing bonus. It's not like he was going to be able to improve his draft stock very much.
That's absolutely what he did. And I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with that; and I think if you're him, you have to take the money. I would just take umbrage with including him in having any Oregon ties. Guys like Anderson and Stavert were actually Ducks. Matzek took the coaches on a nine month wild goose chase so he could get every last drop out of Colorado.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Congrats to Tyler, hopefully he'll be the first duck to make it to the bigs in a looong time. I wonder how long before he actually pitches an MLB game..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13