The other NCAA investigation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

The other NCAA investigation

Post by oregontrack »

Has anyone heard ANYTHING since last October (ish) about what's going on with the NCAA looking into the hoops program for Dunigan's shenanigans? I haven't heard a peep since Mullens told the Guard last fall that we were cooperating.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Re: The other NCAA investigation

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I'll be honest, I don't even know what exactly Dunigan did to spark an investigation.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TheMaehlMan wrote:I'll be honest, I don't even know what exactly Dunigan did to spark an investigation.
I think it had something to do with him possibly accepting gifts from an agent or someone associated with another school to get him to transfer there.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

From my understanding it's outsiders who payed the player(s) in question. No one who is a booster of associated with UO, but who knows UO basketball isn't interesting enough for the media to talk about.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I always assumed it was that he signed with an agent before he officially left the team or something silly like that.

I don't think it was anything serious and to my knowledge there is no investigation.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Thanks for the replies, it is a shame that it happened. Having Dunigan down low could have helped us a ton this past year, and teams wouldn't have been able to load up on Catron as much. Whats done is done I suppose.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Boom wrote:I always assumed it was that he signed with an agent before he officially left the team or something silly like that.

I don't think it was anything serious and to my knowledge there is no investigation.
Which might very well be the case now; but there was an investigation, at least as of October, 2010. I just haven't heard anything about it since. I wasn't sure if it was still ongoing but pushed to the backburner over some larger matters, or if a ruling had been quietly made, and reported on, without my knowledge. Which is entirely possible.
ImageImageImageImageImage
wvduck34
Three Star Recruit

Post by wvduck34 »

Jeez, is their any part of our athletic department that isn't wanted for something!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

wvduck34 wrote:Jeez, is their any part of our athletic department that isn't wanted for something!!
Probably Acrobatics & Tumbling, but you just never know with that cutthroat world.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

greenyellow wrote:
wvduck34 wrote:Jeez, is their any part of our athletic department that isn't wanted for something!!
Probably Acrobatics & Tumbling, but you just never know with that cutthroat world.
beaver tranquilizers
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

justducky0 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
beaver tranquilizers
Maybe for the uggos, but from what I saw on UO's team, they wouldn't seem to have any of those.