Canzano's Lyles Interview

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Canzano's Lyles Interview

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I think Lyles does not understand that Oregon cannot have any contact with him at all during all of this. I understand he feels slighted, but grow a brain cell and figure it out. How about close your trap Lyles! He really cut his own throat when he gave that first interview. He should have kept quiet, worked at the bakery & started his business back up after all of this quiets down. MISTAKE. Oregon is in survival mode right now and I totally agree with the silence. Let the NCAA figure out that there is no smoking gun so we can all just get back to breathing again.

The media is sensationalizing this in order to sell papers/click "articles" during our dead period. Every time we click on one of clownzano's "articles" and get outraged, that gives the Snoregonian more reason to keep him on. If no one listens or reads his trash, he loses his job. As much as I might be tempted to listen to that interview or read something clownzano has put down on toilet paper, I'm doing my best to ignore it. Some day he'll get fired and then I'll throw a party at my house!!
HomeFieldAdvantage
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeFieldAdvantage »

MFRDuckFan wrote: Every time we click on one of clownzano's "articles" and get outraged, that gives the Snoregonian more reason to keep him on. If no one listens or reads his trash, he loses his job. As much as I might be tempted to listen to that interview or read something clownzano has put down on toilet paper, I'm doing my best to ignore it. Some day he'll get fired and then I'll throw a party at my house!!
As much as I am on board with wanting The Clown to lose his job, I want as many Duck fans as possible to listen to the interview he did with Lyles yesterday. It was beautiful to listen to Lyles shoot down accusation after accusation, easing much of my concern despite The Clown's efforts. The Clown kept asking similar questions, one after another, hoping to get Lyles to slip up and make the Ducks look terrible but it did the exact opposite. I actually found myself smiling, as I could hear the frustration mounting in The Clowns voice. By the end of the interview I left feeling much better about the whole situation and I think other Duck fans will as well.
ducklovinlady
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducklovinlady »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I think Lyles does not understand that Oregon cannot have any contact with him at all during all of this. I understand he feels slighted, but grow a brain cell and figure it out. How about close your trap Lyles! He really cut his own throat when he gave that first interview. He should have kept quiet, worked at the bakery & started his business back up after all of this quiets down. MISTAKE. Oregon is in survival mode right now and I totally agree with the silence. Let the NCAA figure out that there is no smoking gun so we can all just get back to breathing again.

The media is sensationalizing this in order to sell papers/click "articles" during our dead period. Every time we click on one of clownzano's "articles" and get outraged, that gives the Snoregonian more reason to keep him on. If no one listens or reads his trash, he loses his job. As much as I might be tempted to listen to that interview or read something clownzano has put down on toilet paper, I'm doing my best to ignore it. Some day he'll get fired and then I'll throw a party at my house!!
While I hoped Lyles wouldn't have done the Yahoo article, I think his days were numbered even before he began to give interviews. His name has been smeared and people like Canzano were calling him a scumbag over and over again. There is no way he will be able to run his business again- even if the NCAA doesn't wipe it out first.

As for Canzano, I'll be at your party. He's disgusting and why he thinks he can just write such nasty things about a person and then turn around and say "Oh I was quick to judge- he's alright after all" and expect all to be forgiven? I hope when the season comes around, Oregon doesn't give him anything.

I also think Canzano put that little shoe bit in the article to get people riled up. If he really thought that story was true, the article wouldn't have been about redemption for Willie. It would have been "More Illegal Benefits to those Scum at Oregon." He's good at what he does- drops a nugget and allows people to link his article all over the internet so people can read about Nike giving rare Jordans to an Oregon recruit. No one gave too shits about Lyles and his bakery job... they wanted everyone to read about those Jordans. I'm so thankful that Lyles put the kabosh on that really quick.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

glazeduck wrote:The sad reality is that this is becoming more and more the case with ALL journalism. For all of the wonderful things that the internet has given us, it has also killed (ok that's probably a little too harsh - I'll say grossly disfigured) professional journalism.

The business of media is no longer concerned with accuracy, prestige or clout - they care about viewers and website clicks. Professional journalism doesn't draw like sensationalistic hack pieces, so anyone in the industry trying to make a living like Canzano has had to adapt.
I think this is the state of journalism. Though, I don't think it's new.

If you're interested, check out the biography of William Randolph Hearst. The lure of sensationalist journalism has been around pretty much since the newspaper was invented.

One thing that I do think has changed somewhat is peoples perspective about journalism. Ironically, I think journalists have somehow GAINED respect socially. Watch old-school black and white movies. Journalists used to be mis-trusted and portrayed as sensationalists in a dirty business. Now, journalists are glamorized as modern-day heroes.