Brandon Ashley supposedly has a top 3

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Brandon Ashley supposedly has a top 3

Post by uostudent »

According to different boards, Ashley's top three (in no particular order) are Arizona, Oregon, and UCLA. Ashley was recently interviewed and he said that Arizona and Oregon are recruiting him the hardest. Ashley is arguably the best big man in the country. He is a former AAU teammate of Jabari Brown and announced that he will be playing his senior season at Findlay Prep.

I would compare his game to Chris Bosh. The guy has monster potential and a very good work ethic. It will be difficult to beat out Arizona (two of his former AAU teammates will be playing there next year), but Oregon definitely has a shot.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Quack_12
Four Star Recruit

Re: Brandon Ashley supposedly has a top 3

Post by Quack_12 »

Kid is good hope Jabari can help lean this way cause them two. Thats what we needs

Look at this kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWf06UCkDfU
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Holy crap this kid looks great, looks like a great post...so can he shoot too?
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Quack_12
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quack_12 »

Kid is ah baller. I think he'll go here if Jabari can help i think he'll get here.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Quack_12 wrote:Kid is ah baller. I think he'll go here if Jabari can help i think he'll get here.
We do have a shot at getting Ashley, but don't forget that Arizona has two former team-mates of Ashley's on their team as well.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

The kid can definitely block shots and stuff the ball....
glazeduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by glazeduck »

For whatever it's worth - my brother, who's pretty well plugged in at UCLA, seems to think we have a very good shot at Ashley.

He may very well just be reading and hearing the same things we are, so take that w/ a grain of salt, but he's definitely been right about stuff like this much earlier than a lot of others (he's been wrong too)...

Fingers crossed! A reemergence of the BBall program could mean more great things for Oregon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Love his athleticism, seems like an ideal fit for DA's system.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

New article on Ashley...sounds like we are doing the right things to get his attention.

Top basketball prospect Brandon Ashley has Oregon Ducks in Top 7
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... rando.html

For the Oregon Ducks, it appears the presence of the coaching staff is paying off.

"The two schools that are on me the hardest right now are the two schools that are close to home right now – Oregon and Arizona," Ashley told Bobby Bancroft of the National Hoops Report at the Nike Peach Jam. "They are coming to all of my games. I’ve seen them front row in every game I’ve been to."
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Matt has said that by getting Woods it really helps us with Ashley, because he does not want to play center and that was his biggest concern with UO.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Matt has said that by getting Woods it really helps us with Ashley, because he does not want to play center and that was his biggest concern with UO.
Even if Ashley did come here, he would only be with Woods for only a season before he may have to play center as a SO.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Matt has said that by getting Woods it really helps us with Ashley, because he does not want to play center and that was his biggest concern with UO.
Even if Ashley did come here, he would only be with Woods for only a season before he may have to play center as a SO.

He's 1 and done.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

He's 1 and done.
yep, exactly what went through my mind.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If he's one and done , I'd probably lean more towards him being at 'Zona than at Oregon, just based on their history of producing NBA players. If he plans on possibly playing a couple years of college ball, then I think Oregon has a much better chance.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I've seen him play and I don't think he'd be a one and done. Much too raw of a player offensively to leave early.