educk big news?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

educk big news?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Anyone know who the big new player is that educk is alluding to?
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Re: educk big news?

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I heard it was a post player, but don't know who it is for certain.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Would that be for this season, or 2012?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TheMaehlMan wrote:I heard it was a post player, but don't know who it is for certain.
I'd guess it's probably about Lucas, Ashley, or Bennett.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

I'm hoping it's Landen Lucas. The guy is a terrific rebounder and is going to be a solid 4 year player. I think it's really important to start the class off with an instate kid (despite the fact that he's playing at Findlay Prep) who has Oregon ties and would be really pumped up about becoming a Duck. He's also an outstanding student.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

uostudent wrote:I'm hoping it's Landen Lucas. The guy is a terrific rebounder and is going to be a solid 4 year player. I think it's really important to start the class off with an instate kid (despite the fact that he's playing at Findlay Prep) who has Oregon ties and would be really pumped up about becoming a Duck. He's also an outstanding student.
Agreed but can we add Ashley too because that would be big news. :D
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:
TheMaehlMan wrote:I heard it was a post player, but don't know who it is for certain.
I'd guess it's probably about Lucas, Ashley, or Bennett.
It's none of these.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

oregontrack wrote:
It's none of these.
I'm guessing Dressler, but we'll see I suppose. Matt also said that it wasn't a done deal, but he would not say who it concerned.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
It's none of these.
I'm guessing Dressler, but we'll see I suppose. Matt also said that it wasn't a done deal, but he would not say who it concerned.
That's someone I was initially going to put on my list, but didn't think he was a big-time enough player to get all excited about.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

greenyellow wrote: That's someone I was initially going to put on my list, but didn't think he was a big-time enough player to get all excited about.
It may not be him either, I don't have any inside information on the matter. Dressler seems like he will be soaring up the boards soon though, but with the other post players on the board I see where you are coming from. All I know is that Matt said he had been sitting on information for a week concerning a possible recruit, and that it wasn't a done deal that a commit would occur.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounds like someone from another D1 school who can play this year, not a HS kid. My usual source has heard rumblings but nothing concrete yet so he's not letting it out until the kid is a for sure.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

buckmarkduck wrote:Sounds like someone from another D1 school who can play this year, not a HS kid. My usual source has heard rumblings but nothing concrete yet so he's not letting it out until the kid is a for sure.
Yep. Not a one-and-done, either, I don't believe.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

That is great news possibly. Altman is slowly balancing the classes, which will help us become more consistent each year. Hopefully it pans out.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Sounds like someone from another D1 school who can play this year, not a HS kid. My usual source has heard rumblings but nothing concrete yet so he's not letting it out until the kid is a for sure.
Yep. Not a one-and-done, either, I don't believe.
Must be someone with a hardship case waiver and with close ties to the West Coast if the NCAA would allow a non-SR to transfer without having to sit out a year or having already gotten their degree.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

There are a few interesting transfer options out there:
Jason Carter- played his freshman year at Alabama. Highly regarded center - 6'8 230
Eric McKnight- 6'9 215 PF from Iowa St. Another big time athlete. 3 years of eligibility. Interesting player, somewhat raw.
Ty Armstrong- 6'9 225 PF from Auburn. Seems like a major project. 2 years of eligibility.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl