Marvin Johnson injured?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Marvin Johnson injured?

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Just peeked over on O-Live (it's not a habit, believe me) that Marvin Johnson went down today with an injury. Does anybody have any info/updates?

"Injury at the rec center today marvin johnson went down holding his knee, seemed to be in a lot of pain. hes a possibility to replace chung and a standout on special teams. lets hope its not too serious."
cordy02c
Senior

Re: Marvin Johnson injured?

Post by cordy02c »

while that sucks, don't we got Leon to commit and will probably also compete for Chung's spot
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Let's hope he is alright. This team just cannot avoid the injury bug. It's only been 2 weeks since the holiday bowl!!!!
jasnwip
Two Star Recruit

Post by jasnwip »

That was a stupid beaver flaming. No injury!
xautzenx
One Star Recruit

Post by xautzenx »

very possible, i didnt not see an injury occur, but Marvin Johnson, Remene Alston, Ed Dickson, and Lagarrette were all at the rec center playing ball. Also, 5 players from the mens basketball team were playing at the rec....it was strange with all those athletes there
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Well if you are going to be injured now's (Jan-Feb) the time to get it out of the way.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

Hard to imagine anyone REALLY replacing Chung, but Chung has always been one of my favorite so maybe I have a skewed perspective.
blackjack17
Three Star Recruit

Post by blackjack17 »

I'm not sure on the validity of these posts, i used to play Bball at the Rec with some of the schollie players for both teams, (alex scales and freddie jones, fj never played defense btw) bit nowadays the coaches crack down on unsanctioned games so after hearing info from everyday workout warriors i think this thread is withour substantiation and should be discontinued.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

blackjack17 wrote:I'm not sure on the validity of these posts, i used to play Bball at the Rec with some of the schollie players for both teams, (alex scales and freddie jones, fj never played defense btw) bit nowadays the coaches crack down on unsanctioned games so after hearing info from everyday workout warriors i think this thread is withour substantiation and should be discontinued.
Sounds good. I was hoping to find someone in the know, so we can call it a dead issue. Thanks guys!!
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

According to Mosley's blog Johnson is facing knee surgery but should be back in time for spring practice. Doesn't say how it happened, but it sounds pretty minor so it wouldn't surprise me if this was something he was carrying from the season and was just waiting until after the holidays
jimmyg
Two Star Recruit

Post by jimmyg »

Marvin Johnson did not have a recent knee injury per say.... He has been battling the knee all year long, gutted out the season the best he could, and is getting it cleaned up now, simple scope job. He will be good to go after some minor rehabbing.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

Regardless of the injury..SHould be an interesting battle for the open spots and what happens with our Coverage. Who will move where? who takes Chungs spot? We have talent...i guess the saying its a good problem to have applies here.