Washington @ Oregon Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Washington @ Oregon Thread

Post by pudgejeff »

Gonzaga got some recruits because it was easy to win in there conference then and made a couple sweet 16 runs in the NCAA tourney and became a media darling
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

pudgejeff wrote:Gonzaga got some recruits because it was easy to win in there conference then and made a couple sweet 16 runs in the NCAA tourney and became a media darling
Another big thing that helps the Zags is that they are one of the best Catholic basketball programs. I remember one year i was looking at their recruits and why they chose and like 4 or said that it was the only catholic school offering them that has a big name.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I really fear the Ducks could go winless in the PAC-10 this year, maybe they split the series with the Beavers and win one game in Conference, I sure hope they get at least one win, I would hate to go winless one season after making fun of the Beavers for doing it. Pathetic
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This team stinks. They cannot hit shots, they cannot play defense and they play well for 5 minute spurts then seem to get out of control. Coaching, coaching, coaching!!!!!! :evil:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

This team is awful. No reason we should be THIS bad.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

They don't even compete in the second half. They have been getting blown out just about every game. With the talent they have they should at least be competing and playing close games. I don't care what anyone says, if Kent can't get the team to the tournament next year he needs to go. The team being young can't be an excuse next year.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Did Wiley even play in this game? He was the bright spot against ASU.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Did Wiley even play in this game? He was the bright spot against ASU.
I know seriously.. This season is over, bench the seniors/TP and give these young guys some valuable minutes for next year. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have Dunigan, Humphrey, Sim, and Wiley taking most the shots over TP.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Adjustments are never made. Porter cannoy be relied on, so it's time to look elsewhere.
Last edited by duckgrad99 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I do think we will get some wins because the pac-10 is down this season, but that still doesn't take away from all of the problems with this team.
impurz
One Star Recruit

Post by impurz »

duckgrad99 wrote:I do think we will get some wins because the pac-10 is down this season, but that still doesn't take away from all of the problems with this team.
Who exactly would we beat? I think we will know tomorrow against Wazzu. Beavs took em to overtime. Lets see if we can even stay within 20.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

impurz wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:I do think we will get some wins because the pac-10 is down this season, but that still doesn't take away from all of the problems with this team.
Who exactly would we beat? I think we will know tomorrow against Wazzu. Beavs took em to overtime. Lets see if we can even stay within 20.

Possibly WSU, Oregon State, Arizona.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I just can't watch it.
I can't even see the damn score! FSN has it hidden in the damn right bottom corner..wtf?!?!
It is a huge pet peeve not knowing the score, so makes me not want to even watch it, but might as well today since we may have a shot at winning.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Shame on me for thinking that we would beat Washington State. I understand that there are growing pains, but this is ridiculous. I don't think WSU is even that good, and since when is it easy to win at mac court? Yes it's nice that Kent's players graduate, but I also want to see a good basketball team. Yet another player in Rocheiste that goes for a career high against Oregon. And Porter, how about making shots when it's not garbage time?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am pretty sure the Ducks go winless or maybe win one game against the Beavers (at Mac Court)