Washington @ Oregon Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Washington @ Oregon Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The first game to be played under this new forum. Maybe this is what the ducks need to turn this season around. :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Washington @ Oregon Thread

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yeah, who knows. By the way, Washington lost in triple overtime today against Cal.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Whoo hooo something to cheer about!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

I think this is going be the game to turn the season around, at least for a few weeks, Fans are going be going crazy like allways when the huskies come to town.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The way they have been playing I am not sure the Ducks can win a conference game other than against the Beavers, which for me this season would be all I can ask for. If Kent doesn't have a good season next year than he needs to go, there are no excuses for the poor performance of this talented team (youth is not a valid excuse). :evil:
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

gofightingducks wrote:The way they have been playing I am not sure the Ducks can win a conference game other than against the Beavers, which for me this season would be all I can ask for. If Kent doesn't have a good season next year than he needs to go, there are no excuses for the poor performance of this talented team (youth is not a valid excuse). :evil:
It's so frustrating watching them play this year so far. We finally have some big guys down low in the post but instead of getting them the ball in order to get a double team and open up the outside shots, we just pass the ball around the perimeter trying to get the inside to open up and we use up all of the shot clock eventually just having to chuck up a bad three point shot or force it inside to the big guys who then don't have enough time to create a good shot. Against ASU, once we got down, there was no effort to try to get shots up early in the shot clock. We just kept using the entire 35 seconds. It's hard to come back from a 20 point deficit when every 2 possessions takes a minute off of the clock and results in 0 points.

Ugggghhhhhhh.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

This team was looking pretty good development wise at the beginning of the year...I wonder what happened? We were playing teams pretty competitive then...

I just want them to be in games and we can worry about winning next year!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The "youth" excuse is officially a joke. At this point guys need to be showing some signs of development & they aren't. When you have Jrs regressing & choking games away, there's one place to point the blame.....COACHING. I feel bad for TP, he has some obvious 'short'comings (pun intended) & needs to put in situations & positions for him to succeed. His Freshman year would be a good example but EK has put him in a position to completely fail this year. We throw him out there & expect him to put this team on his shoulders & lead us to wins when the guy is obviously not capable of it. EK must go & until then I am going to have a really hard time even watching games this year.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I hate all the EK needs to go talk...He's raised this program to such another level it's ridiculous...and no it's not time for someone to come and raise the bar higher...it's not happening...it's such an improbability of how he gets these recruits to come here it's crazy...There isn't anyone else that will be able to bring them in...If we fire EK we'll be right back to playin the underdog roll and being happy when we upset someone with our mediocre players...instead of going to the ncaa tournament more often than not and actually making a run every few years...learn to think and assess before you say or think something...it might help in you life
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Gotta disagree with you Jeff. The team has underachieved too many times under Kent. If he is getting such great recruits, why aren't we seeing the results? The program has only succeeded with future NBA point guards in Ridnour and Brooks. Kent's teams always look lost. The players don't get better from season to season, there is always turmoil, the half court offense is ridiculous and this team doesn't play good defense for more than 5 minute spurts. Kent has done good things for the program, but he isn't the coach to take us to the next level. Also as dthomas=ddixon pointed out, the youth excuse is a joke. I don't find it acceptable that it's ok to lose until you have a team full of juniors and seniors.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

pudgejeff wrote:I hate all the EK needs to go talk...He's raised this program to such another level it's ridiculous...and no it's not time for someone to come and raise the bar higher...it's not happening...it's such an improbability of how he gets these recruits to come here it's crazy...There isn't anyone else that will be able to bring them in...If we fire EK we'll be right back to playin the underdog roll and being happy when we upset someone with our mediocre players...instead of going to the ncaa tournament more often than not and actually making a run every few years...learn to think and assess before you say or think something...it might help in you life
Myself and most Duck fans are not happy with having a good team once every 3-4 years. I was very disappointed with last years team (even though they made the tournament, they probably shouldn't have) besides it is not acceptable to just get to the tournament, other than the 2 elite eights they always lose in the first round when they make it. And this years team is terrible and not because they are young but because the coaching is poor. I don't know who would be a good replacement but it is time to put some pressure on Kent and force him to do a better coaching.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

You guys need to go look at how other teams in the country perform year in and year out...like ncaa tourney appearances and elite 8 appearances since 2000...were one of very few to be there once let alone twice...we are nowhere near elite as a program yet and it's gonna be a long road to get us to elite...hopefully this new arena will help...but just think back to the first run we made and how amazing it was and it wasn't expected at all...and it took 3 nba level players and some big space eaters inside to go along with a couple deadly shooters.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

pudgejeff wrote:You guys need to go look at how other teams in the country perform year in and year out...like ncaa tourney appearances and elite 8 appearances since 2000...were one of very few to be there once let alone twice...we are nowhere near elite as a program yet and it's gonna be a long road to get us to elite...hopefully this new arena will help...but just think back to the first run we made and how amazing it was and it wasn't expected at all...and it took 3 nba level players and some big space eaters inside to go along with a couple deadly shooters.
I agree we are nowhere close to being elite and will never become an elite team or even close to an elite team with Kent at the helm. But, like you I also don't think we should just get rid of him, but like I said he needs to be pressured to coach his team to perform to the level of their talent and not underachieve.
Duckxing
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckxing »

Jon Brockman is going to have a huge game. With the poor shooting of Oregon he may go for 20 and 20. If Oregon can some how slow down the other players, since UW isn't a great shooting team, then Oregon could keep it close. But in the end UW should win because of poor execution and a lack of poise from Oregon.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

pudgejeff wrote:it's such an improbability of how he gets these recruits to come here it's crazy...There isn't anyone else that will be able to bring them in
Oregon has to be easier to recruit to than Gonzaga ... Eugene > Spokane