ASU set to hire

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

ASU set to hire

Post by maxduck »

Todd Graham, first year head coach at Pitt. Previously with Tulsa.

http://arizonastate.scout.com/2/1138900.html
woundedknees
All-American

Re: ASU set to hire

Post by woundedknees »

maxduck wrote:Todd Graham, first year head coach at Pitt. Previously with Tulsa.

http://arizonastate.scout.com/2/1138900.html
Trying to maintain a balance in the PAC12 coaching ranks?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Well, I don't see this blowing anyone's skirt up.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Biggus Duckus wrote:According to Pitt fans this is his 4th job in 6 years.
Probably doesn't bode well for ASU if he's such a well-traveled coach.
Duck24
Senior

ASU set to hire

Post by Duck24 »

And he informed Pitt players via text. Can't see any level headed recruit who is on the fence committing to a school where a guy is on his 3rd job in less than a year and informs his former players of his plans via text.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duck24 wrote:And he informed Pitt players via text. Can't see any level headed recruit who is on the fence committing to a school where a guy is on his 3rd job in less than a year and informs his former players of his plans via text.
Probably figured he hadn't been there long enough to know them very well anyway. :lol:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well, after seeing Gus Malzahn end up at Arkansas St, I can't in good faith give UCLA or ASU anything but a D grading for their hires.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:Well, after seeing Gus Malzahn end up at Arkansas St, I can't in good faith give UCLA or ASU anything but a D grading for their hires.
I'm still not sure how much of Malzahn's success can be directly attributed to having Cam Newton. Wasn't he offered much better jobs last year? Taking the job at Ark St makes me think he wants to get a HC job before people catch on.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Well, after seeing Gus Malzahn end up at Arkansas St, I can't in good faith give UCLA or ASU anything but a D grading for their hires.
I'm still not sure how much of Malzahn's success can be directly attributed to having Cam Newton. Wasn't he offered much better jobs last year? Taking the job at Ark St makes me think he wants to get a HC job before people catch on.
Malzahn was a big success before last season though. In fact, he's is the only reason that Graham ended up with the Pitt job because while Graham was the HC at Tulsa, Malzahn was the OC. GM is from Arkansas though and if anyone remembers Mitch Mustain, Malzahn was his HS HC and followed him to Arkansas and there was the brouhah over illegal recruiting by taking the qb and his HS HC. Malzahn is from Arkansas so I think the only possible job he'll take over this one might be Petrino's. Who knows, I'm sure he could have been had with the $ that ASU and UCLA are paying out now.